Like Tree12Likes

Dyson Hot + cold fan

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dyson Hot + cold fan

Hi,

Would appreciate feedback from anyone using the Dyson hold+cold+purifier fan. Is it worth using it rather than buying a heater + fan + air purifier separately to save on space in a kids bedroom.

Thanks.

I don't have the one with the filter, just the old one. I find the heating aspect very disappointing compared to, say, a space heater or oil radiator. I got mine in the UK so it was much cheaper than buying it here.

I've been to my friends place and severely disappointed with it. Add on the price tag I would be kicking myself if I bought that.

YRMV

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftTC:
    Hi,

Would appreciate feedback from anyone using the Dyson hold+cold+purifier fan. Is it worth using it rather than buying a heater + fan + air purifier separately to save on space in a kids bedroom.

Thanks.
    The way that a Dyson fan works and the way that a purifier works are really not the same, I would not expect the purification function to be worthwhile at all.

Dyson works by dragging in a bunch of extra air through the circular enclosure, with only a tiny fraction of the moved air passing through the fan blades in the base.

A purifier works by pushing air through a mechanical filter. In a Dyson, as very little of the total moved air passes through a filter, most of the breeze is completely unfiltered air.

It's a stupid idea, more marketing blurb driven than anything else.
    East_coast, spode and JAherbert like this.

I have one of the new ones that purifies, heats and cools from Dyson. My wife will run the fan or air purifier sometimes but I think it was just a waste of money tbh.

Dyson is quite overrated IMO. Friend has both the wall vac and a heating/cooling fan and they function on par with most other brands. I actually found once you turned the fan setting up past 1 it got fairly noisy too, not as easily ignored as a regular fan.

Sure you get the sleek design but is it worth the extra cost?

imparanoic likes this.

Thanks for the replies. Will stick to the standalone cheaper options.

I quite like the fans, as fans. The noise profile and lack of loose clicky noises compared to normal fans is good. It's just that the idea of including an air purification function into that style of fan makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftTC:
    Thanks for the replies. Will stick to the standalone cheaper options.
    Air purifiers tend not to be cheaper.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I quite like the fans, as fans. The noise profile and lack of loose clicky noises compared to normal fans is good. It's just that the idea of including an air purification function into that style of fan makes no sense.
    Also much easier to clean.

I do fancy getting one of these

That looks far more complicated than a towel...

East_coast and imparanoic like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast