Rant alert: Changing AAVS [BEA to Citi]

Closed Thread

Rant alert: Changing AAVS [BEA to Citi]

Tried changing my AAVS from BEA to Citi, but it got rejected.

Called Octopus CS up and the rejection was because my BEA top up is HK$500 and the Citi top-up is HK$250 (I don't think citi allow for HK$500 top ups).

I was told I have to contact BEA to reduce the top up to HK$250 and then re-apply with Citi or cancel my BEA AAVS, wait for that to go through and then re-apply with Citi.

Have to wait for the letters, go to MTR station to initiate the cancellation, re-apply with Citi, go to MTR station to initiate the application.

Grr, HK efficiency at its best.

This will be the third time I will have applied for my Citi card for AAVS (first time was rejected because I forgot I had it linked to another Octopus card that previously been snapped).

Original Post Deleted
    Problem is Octopus is so freaking dominant here. Contactless is very very slowly making inroads though. The issue for them now is there has been a bit of stagnation in terms of credit card providers that allow contactless.

Original Post Deleted
    And the irony is that HSBC has not signed up with Samsung Pay (but Citi has, although Citi doesn't work with either Android or Apple Pay). Good ole HK inconsistency.

Original Post Deleted
    Thought for a moment that you had a phone made by a coffee company.

Name:  nespresso-logo.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  6.8 KB

Original Post Deleted
    Strange.. both my HSBC cards (Mastercard World and Signature) work fine with Android Pay, in fact, I just got a new S8 yesterday and just finished setting up Android pay a few minutes ago...

Perhaps you can try again?

Mine too ... HSBC Advance Visa - works fine with Android Pay.