Like Tree9Likes

Hiring helper without an agent

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hiring helper without an agent

Hi fellow Geo-members,

Would like to know other than "finished contract" Philippino helper, what other nationalities or condition which employer and helper can process the employment visa application by ourselves??

>>I'm quite experienced with the process but only Philippino helper, but this time want someone else.

Thanks!!!

Think for Indian and Sri Lankan helpers you don't need an agent. You can process the paperwork yourself.

Have you considered using the Fair Employment Agency:
    Fair Employment Agency

@Elegiaque - OP wants to NOT use agency, most likely to save on $$$$ agency fees

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Think for Indian and Sri Lankan helpers you don't need an agent. You can process the paperwork yourself.
    Are these restrictions put in place by Hong Kong's government of by the one of the respective helper? I do know the usual suspects (Nepal, VN, DPRK) are excluded, but is there any hurdle that would prohibit me to hire a helper from, say, Burkina Faso or Venezuela?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    @Elegiaque - OP wants to NOT use agency, most likely to save on $$$$ agency fees
    Yes, I understand, but if you have to, then I think they are the agency to go with as they are working as a social enterprise to aid helpers to get an employer without a fee or debt. It's a very good organization to support through using their service.

We are a non-profit agency for foreign domestic workers dedicated to providing a quality and transparent service to employers and workers. The Fair Employment Agency is a social enterprise focused on tackling the exploitation of foreign domestic workers, also known as domestic helpers, in Hong Kong. We align the relationship between domestic workers and their employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdc9:
    Hi fellow Geo-members,

Would like to know other than "finished contract" Philippino helper, what other nationalities or condition which employer and helper can process the employment visa application by ourselves??

>>I'm quite experienced with the process but only Philippino helper, but this time want someone else.

Thanks!!!
    Sorry to be pedantic but it is Filipino not Philippino.
    hkgcat and z754103 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    Are these restrictions put in place by Hong Kong's government of by the one of the respective helper? I do know the usual suspects (Nepal, VN, DPRK) are excluded, but is there any hurdle that would prohibit me to hire a helper from, say, Burkina Faso or Venezuela?
    Am not 100% sure if there is now. I grew up in Hong Kong and actually had a helper/governess from the Caribbean when I was around 11. She only worked with us for 1 contract. She found a husband and relocated to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Have you considered using the Fair Employment Agency:
    Fair Employment Agency
    I just browse your site. Do you have non-Phil helpers candidate? and your fees charges are $9500. it is more or less as other profit agency charges.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Does anyone know the current status of this. We are looking to getting a Sri Lankan help and I just figured out that HK does not have a Sri Lankan consulate. How does one go about asking the questions I wonder.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast