Like Tree7Likes

Left Hong Kong, CSL refusing to cancel contract

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Left Hong Kong, CSL refusing to cancel contract

Hi,

I have and left Hong Kong and have CSL mobile phone contract remaining for few months. I checked with them just before lieavinf and they said I will have to pay 7000 to close the contract.

I am am of course not interested to pay this. I am going to cancel my credit card anyway. Does anyone know of anyone else giving done this.

7k for a few months?

Why did you sign a contract that you were not able or willing to fulfill?

And do you want ever to be able to enter HK or enter into any contracts here again?

Exactly - it's people like the OP who get expats and immigrants a bad name.

jrkob and Rob2020 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagulls!:
    7k for a few months?
    May be his and his wife's contract. Should be recently renewed too.

I find this funny, bad names and all. of course doesn't matter if the company auto renews the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by anujroy:
    I find this funny, bad names and all. of course doesn't matter if the company auto renews the contract.
    No such thing as auto renew contract. Either you renewed it or you didn't.

Original Post Deleted
    When I was leaving Singapore to come here I had a contracted phone with half of the contract value yet to be paid. I was tempted to seek a waiver by putting forward a sorry state of losing my job and unable to pay back.

The agent politely advised me to get rid of my contracted iPhone on gumtree which would not only pay back the residual contract but also leave me richer by a 100 Sing.

Original Post Deleted
    I actually paid the contract fee and kept the phone. I was stupid enough to play a victim clearly where I resigned from a well off job to join a equally well off job in HK

Quote Originally Posted by ajohnso2:
    I actually paid the contract fee and kept the phone. I was stupid enough to play a victim clearly where I resigned from a well off job to join a equally well off job in HK
    The key word bring "I". It was your decision.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast