Like Tree30Likes

Bose noise canceling headphones. Worth it?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Any of the headphone shops in mongkok will change the ear pads for you.

I paid $50 to change my Sony ones.

It's the heat and humidity and sweat that destroys them eventually.

One of the reasons why I don't use my Bose in the gym.

imparanoic likes this.

I must be weird, I do find the BOSE QC25 and QC35 very comfortable to wear, the noise-cancellation is the part I don't like. I find it sorts of presses on my eardrums and after 10-15mins of putting them on, I feel a headache coming on.Granted the noise-cancelling is very good, but I prefer ones with less pressure on my eardrums.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    I must be weird, I do find the BOSE QC25 and QC35 very comfortable to wear, the noise-cancellation is the part I don't like. I find it sorts of presses on my eardrums and after 10-15mins of putting them on, I feel a headache coming on.Granted the noise-cancelling is very good, but I prefer ones with less pressure on my eardrums.
    They do create a feeling of pressure, it's true - it feels a bit like a pillow being pressed against your ears, and while I'm happy with that, I can see how some people wouldn't be. It's worth pointing out, however, that with recent firmware - yes, there are firmware updates! - and a recent version of the BOSE app on your phone, you can turn the NC down, or off completely. It's not the most convenient way, but the more mild NC mode might suit you better...

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Do you have claustrophobia? I think the feeling is similar to that. Like being in a small enclosed space, nobody else there, oblivious to everything around you.

Bluetooth headphones are great except

- Battery life
    - battery life
    - battery life

Can they do a full week yet between charging or still just 3/4s a long haul flight?

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:

- Battery life
    - battery life
    - battery life

Can they do a full week yet between charging or still just 3/4s a long haul flight?

Ed
    I typically have 40%-50% battery left after having them on gate-to-gate for a 10-12 hour long-haul flight.
    timonoj likes this.

- Battery life
    - battery life
    - battery life

Ed
    The Sony one (WH-1000x) is 30hours wireless, 40 hours using wire. Disclaimer - I do not work for Sony
    East_coast, imparanoic and timonoj like this.

If you are an audiophile or a casual listener , the Bose QC 35 will be a worthy investment. I have had them for the last 8 months . The noise cancellation is top class . The bass is precise and crisp. Not too high , not too low just perfect. It's a bliss to hear soothing music as they accentuate the feeling of being in a calm environment. The battery life is very good when in wired mode and okayish when in Bluetooth mode. Works for 20 hours on wireless mode and that's more than most of the longhaul flights. Overall I would really recommend this if you appreciate fine living

HKthe likes this.

- Battery life
    - battery life
    - battery life

Ed
    My Bose are on from take off to landing, HK to London which is 12 hrs.

Still have about 45% left afterwards.
    East_coast likes this.

Are most of you using the 'wraparounds'?

I kind of like idea of the smaller earbuds, but am septical of the noise cancelation, plus fit.

On the plus, it's a lot handier (and looks better in my opinion) to carry around with you.