Like Tree74Likes

Living in HK is stupid, the most expensive place in Asia

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitz:
    Is it too simple, if not short-sighted, to think, flying house price and rent is good for the society, ok, no problem, would have no negative effect on yourself, your family and future generations?
    Flying house price and rent is good and clever from the consumers' point of view?
    I feel too sad to see all that. : (
    What do you suggest? Public assistance to support laziness such as in US society? There's more people in Asia. There's affordable housing in HK. Just that everyone expects to live in Central and upset that they need to pay more. Most families could afford to live anywhere in HK (exclude Kowloon Tong/Peak/Stanley/etc) with the freedom given to everyone with their disposable income.

I definitely do not like the model used in USA where your disposable income is dictated by high cost of taxes, utilities, and insurance.

If you compare the same salary in HK vs US...you can buy more property here with less interest and property tax. Buying property in the states has a lot of bills with it and expensive repairs.

Sorry what's the problem? You could move to Lamma, Lantau--plenty of options. If you lived in New York you probably wouldn't be in Manhattan but rather the outskirts. Then you have the problems of getting shot and robbed.

Again what are you complaining about? HK is the best place to live--go try somewhere else then share your feedback. Know plenty of HKers who moved to US and opened a Chinese restaurant only to work 7 days a week 16 hours a day. No thank you.
    chuckster007 and WeeRandomer like this.

How hateful to hear people talk like they are superior, senior, all correct, unfriendly, without a kind heart, without listening at all!

I despise all those who gain huge money in the property market, leaving HK no place for the younger generations. Actually, it is just manipulation of the supply only, like the seasonal hotel rates. I feel sick for them.

House is for LIVING, not for greedy "investment" gain.Why not work harder in scientific development, environmental development, green tourism, modern agriculture, recycle industry, solar and waves, optical... ? I see who are lazy here.

All developments are being eaten by the property market! How much money and LIFE is being locked into this property market?

Read this

How hateful to hear people talk like they are superior, senior, all correct, unfriendly, without a kind heart, without listening at all!
    Now read this

I despise all those who gain huge money in the property market, leaving HK no place for the younger generations. Actually, it is just manipulation of the supply only, like the seasonal hotel rates. I feel sick for them.

House is for LIVING, not for greedy "investment" gain.Why not work harder in scientific development, environmental development, green tourism, modern agriculture, recycle industry, solar and waves, optical... ? I see who are lazy here.
    jrkob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    Expensive or Expansive?
    My belly is expansive... since I’ve come here I’ve put on 10 kilos

Quote Originally Posted by ajohnso2:
    My belly is expansive... since I’ve come here I’ve put on 10 kilos
    Food here are good, at least.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-living-survey

It is expensive, just a typing error, ok?

All developments are being eaten by the property market! How much money and LIFE is being locked into this property market?
    Why does everyone need to own property? Is it your given right? I know a lot of locals who were here and working a well paying job back during SARS and during the GFC. Both times they did not buy, property was very affordable then, why did they not buy. Now they have remorse because they didn't buy and they wanted to earn the profits themselves too, only natural, also greedy.

Name another place that has affordable housing for everyone? And then how many of the people own? Even in the US where houses are cheaper, many people do not buy, it's a choice.

The younger generation should be saving money now and planning for the next time the HK property has a correction. Well, I'm sure even then you won't buy and simply complain when it goes up again. Developers will offer opportunities for younger buyers to get on the property ladder.

Life is not being eaten by the property market -- it's a cycle and as a result of the higher prices we can enjoy new clean shopping malls with good Air Con, convenient and working public transportation and a city that's constantly being developed -- many other parts of the world just run out of money and standstill! This all comes at a cost, and you can spend HK$25 to go from one end of HK to the other -- no other place offers these conveniences.