Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Natfixit

Swedish Snus (Smokeless Tobacco product).

Closed Thread

Swedish Snus (Smokeless Tobacco product).

Hello everyone!

I will be traveling to Hong Kong soon and I was wandering if anyone could help me with the Smokeless tobacco law:

https://www.elegislation.gov.hk/hk/cap132BW

(1)
    No person shall import, manufacture, sell, possess for sale, offer or expose for sale, consign or deliver any smokeless tobacco product.

(2)
    Any person who contravenes paragraph (1) commits an offence and is liable to a fine at level 5 and to imprisonment for 6 months.
    (L.N. 336 of 1987;L.N. 177 of 1996)
    According to this you could you bring Swedish Snus into Hong Kong for private use?

Is there any other law that prevents my for bringing my viking nurishment to HK for a week?

Kind regards,
    Eric

When in doubt, err on the side of caution?

have it in your checked in luggage and you being a WHITE VIKING, chances of you being stopped by customs is RARE

First of all appreciate your research and respect to local laws - you are a true Viking.

Not a lawyer but judging from the use of wordings in that article, as long as you keep your stuff personal, you will be fine. Also unfortunately we have a positive racist attitude for white people here.

- a local who tried snus in Gothenburg but it didn't really work on me

Ugh! Hate the stuff. Smells bad - even from a distance. I used to work with Moroccans and Tunisians who loved it. Some of my husband's relatives use it. Smells worse than skunk dope.

Fiona in HKG likes this.