Like Tree8Likes

Domestic Helper live out rent...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Beardan:
    Hi,

Our helper has lived with us for 4+ years but our kids are growing and we need the extra space.

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost for a live out helper on HK island. If you know of any places too can you let me know.

Thanks!!
    If it's at all possible for you, it might make more sense to move to a larger flat and keep your helper as a live in. By the time you pay for a decent quality living space for her (as those $1-2k bed spaces are grim, dirty, and often unsafe), you'll be adding $4-5k a month to her total compensation at least. Then you have the risk associated with the illegal live out situation.

My understanding from some friends recently looking is that live outs are asking $8-9k per month inclusive of salary, food allowance, and housing allowance.

live out

Quote Originally Posted by Beardan:
    Hi,

Our helper has lived with us for 4+ years but our kids are growing and we need the extra space.

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost for a live out helper on HK island. If you know of any places too can you let me know.

Thanks!!
    i work in hk for more than 10yrs and 5 yrs of that is live out my employer pay my expenses all in for 7,500 and place cheaper is saying pun any help pm me
    chuckster007 likes this.