Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By answerer

Polishing Chinese lacquerware cabinet, how?

Closed Thread

Polishing Chinese lacquerware cabinet, how?

Hi,
    I have some chinese lacquerware cabinets. They are a few years old now and are looking really dull.
    I have never been able to find a suitable polish for these, therefore have just been dusting them and nothing else.
    Google tells me I need furniture wax. Where can I find this? I've asked in furniture shops that sell this type of furniture but they seem to have know clue what I'm talking about. I've only found car wax here and pledge furniture polish which I've read I should not use.
    If someone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful!

Also, what does everyone use to polish their wood floors? My help[er is using this floor oil and its making it shiny but slippery and costs a small fortune from park n rob.

No one?

I've seen the antique shop in Prince's Building 2F next to Oliver's selling what I think is a British wood wax (it was a green tin on a table next to the display window).

However, it's probably for hardwood furniture, not lacquered surfaces, which generally should be kept away from light and not polished.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...SgzV8OCLPVW0ub

BCD likes this.

Goto Wanchai... they have tones of waxes that can polish wooden furniture (or leather for that matter). I bought a can of wax from one of the shops there and aused them on my furniturues. Buying and finding is the easy part... polishing is another story. I'm very ocd about how shinny the funritures can be. So I use a water polishing technique.