Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Walter White

Purchased a new apartment but not completed

Closed Thread

Purchased a new apartment but not completed

When keys given, swimming pool area and pool not completed. Now we're over one year out and nothing! What to do as I feel I paid also for use of a pool....

Someone suggested I contact the Agent.

Quote Originally Posted by LiDaifu:
    Someone suggested I contact the Agent.
    And you expect the agent to do what exactly?

You should be speaking to the building management and find out what the hold up is. Other than that there is not much you can do.
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Which estate?

DId you buy from a developer or is a second hand transaction?

Regardless, unless it is a heated / indoor pool - will not reopen / open until the weather warms up.

Its just one of the risks of buying new and sight unseen. There are always likely to be delays in construction projects although 1 year is a pretty long time.

Is everything else done? Or are they just really slow with all the facilities? Best to talk to the management company though they will likely just fob you off with excuses and there is nothing you can do.

Likely they are still completing the pool, but taking their time as the pool will be closed over winter anyway.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I called the management company and indeed the pool is closed until next April/May. It did open briefly.

Welcome to Hong Kong!