Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By chuckster007
  • 1 Post By MandM!

A free 'lunch'/a service provider 'forgetting' to claim their money

Closed Thread

A free 'lunch'/a service provider 'forgetting' to claim their money

Hi all,

I am using a service that I signed a half-year contract for and I quite like. Now I noticed that the service provider hasn't deducted the monthly fee with autopay ever since I started the service despite me having signed all the necessary documents. No one has notified me that I haven't paid, so it seems like they have just 'forgotten' or have made a mistake in their admin. This has been going on for quite some months already. I am not planning on ending the service.

What shall I do?
    -not let them know and enjoy the 'free lunch'
    -notify them as I might have to pay the total sum altogether if they find out. They have a contract stating that I will pay the fee. The risk is that I will have to pay everything all together at once?!

Will they legally have the right to claim their missed money although it is their own fault that they didn't deduct the money?

I rented a breathing machine and it was $1100 a month, I was using the machine nicely and thought they were charging my credit card monthly until 8 months later I get a bill from them for $8800 and had to pay it in one lump sum.

You are legally obligated to pay for their services as you have signed a contract so I think they can bill you a lump sum later if and when they find out.

I would fix it earlier than later since you like using their services and want to keep using it.

I got a car insurance policy nearly two years ago and submitted my credit card details for payment, had a claim for a new windscreen, got paid for that, but never charged for the policy itself. I was asked to pay for the policy about a year later and no problem to pay it--just I had to make a manual payment.

One day they will remember. So I would plan to pay it or cancel it if you don't want something.

JAherbert likes this.