Like Tree157Likes

Ex stole my phone

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    Unfortunately orel does have a point. In store staff are not allowed to apprehend people they see shoplifting, they have to report it to the police.

The police are so understaffed they have said they will not turn up for minor offences, like burglary and shoplifting.

If a case does make it to court the judges seem to lap up any old sob story.
    rickyross and Mat like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Dear me, don't let me hold you from getting more quotes out of my posts! At this rate you can squeeze at least 50 more. Go on, get cracking. Chop-chop!

Quote Originally Posted by Markx:
    She is a rich Chinese brat who thinks that the rules don't apply to her. Obviously raised that way by two rich Chinese idiots who think the rules don't apply to them. Do the world a favour and sue her. At least try. Police report, small claim tribunal, faxes to her workplace. Even if you don't get the phone back, at least you show her that she has to follow the rules too. A good education for life (hers).
    If she is what you say - 10 bucks on her to win the lawsuit.

Chinese parents, connected and all that. Or she will go full out and make it big and he will realized she wont stop and he will have to (for his own well being).

It's not that you should not report stolen things to the police etc but unless the phone is really expensive and or what's inside is really important, it's going to cost a lot more to the OP (time. money, emotion) to sue her than to move on and get a new gf and phone.

At the end of the day he gave her the phone and he has no way to prove it was only lending it....so good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    If she is what you say - 10 bucks on her to win the lawsuit.

Chinese parents, connected and all that. Or she will go full out and make it big and he will realized she wont stop and he will have to (for his own well being).

It's not that you should not report stolen things to the police etc but unless the phone is really expensive and or what's inside is really important, it's going to cost a lot more to the OP (time. money, emotion) to sue her than to move on and get a new gf and phone.

At the end of the day he gave her the phone and he has no way to prove it was only lending it....so good luck with that.
    An ex boyfriend stole the phone of my sister in law, and she reported him and got the phone back. If it's a very shiny phone for 15 K surely she didn't give it away. In any case, to me it's a matter of principle. Sue her, so her name is on a police record. Or embarrass her at work. Even if you don't get the phone back, at least you get some satisfaction.

An ex boyfriend stole the phone of my sister in law, and she reported him and got the phone back. If it's a very shiny phone for 15 K surely she didn't give it away. In any case, to me it's a matter of principle. Sue her, so her name is on a police record. Or embarrass her at work. Even if you don't get the phone back, at least you get some satisfaction.
    Of course.

Suddenly everyone on here will have a story about how they sue someone or knew someone who knew someone who knew someone who sue someone over a stolen phone that was expensive and given but not really given and as such stolen.

:-)
    shri likes this.

What phone costs 15k ?

But anyway, if the person in question ever mattered to you why would you want to embarrass her or have her name on a police record?

Let these things be, its most likely just an misunderstanding and move on.

My ex still owes me 20k(deposit on our apartment which I was supposed to be refunded once she got it back from the landlord) from 5-6 years back, and I never bothered pursuing it.

I would have forgotten about it already if my current wife would not remind me of it every time I deny her some request.

Oh, can I please have this handbag? No ,sorry we need to save money. Oh, has your ex already paid you back? Fine, go buy your handbag. ..
    rickyross, Mat, Andy SNK and 8 others like this.

By the way re faxes - if it is anything like at my shop, the faxes are sent directly to my computer (outlook)...so there isn't any name and shame in front of everyone..

Oh dear. You fell for a woman out to squeeze all she could from you (admitted that yourself) and she walked off with a phone you willingly gave her and didn't return it when asked. Seriously, you thought she would after what you had been through while in the relationship?

I got angry with an ex a long time ago and felt so aggrieved I demanded a loan back. Never got it, and thank goodness I found a lawyer who told me I never would and to get on with life instead. He let me vent my anger in one legal letter and then turn away. Best $5k I ever spent.

Walk away, learn from the experience. Run if another of her type crosses your path, at least now you can see what lies ahead.

It's a phone, it's a 'thing'. Keep your dignity intact.

...and with a nod to @Markx for letting me know I had put this in the wrong thread

jgl, HowardCoombs, Mat and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by henkka:
    Oh, can I please have this handbag? No ,sorry we need to save money. Oh, has your ex already paid you back? Fine, go buy your handbag. ..
    Does that work forever, or only until the cumulative value of purchased handbags exceeds 20K?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Does that work forever, or only until the cumulative value of purchased handbags exceeds 20K?
    From experience having spent a bit of $ on a race abroad while telling her we should be careful with the $...it's been 4 years it comes up from time to time so I guess....for life

Women NEVER forget...
    gigglinggal, Andy SNK and jmbf like this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast