Any legal plans in HK?

Closed Thread

Any legal plans in HK?

Hi,

Are there any legal insurance plans you guys know of? I stumbled across <snip> and wanted to contact them but their email is not working.

Thanks

Last edited by shri; 04-12-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Well considering the Federal Business Corporations Act which the site claims to exist in HK is something that doesn't exist I suspect the website is fake.

Should go for big & good names. There are plenty of them, e.g. Prudential, AIA, AXA, Manual Life, FWD, etc. etc.

I was under an impression that HK was much less litigious place than the US of A, maybe even less that the UK. So unless you are worried someone's about to sue you, is the insurance worth the money? And if you are aware of someone's intentions to drag you to a court in the near future, then you must disclose it during the sign up. Will be reflected in the price, naturally Also read the T&C - these pesky insurers tend to have long lists of exclusions and limitations, usually in very fine print.

We need professional indemnity insurance for our business (which is effectively a kind of legal insurance), which is trivially easy to get in Australia and almost impossible in Hong Kong. Not 100% impossible, but very hard and very expensive. Unless its really necessary (it's a contractual requirement of a number of our clients) then I would not bother.

I think you would need some insurance companies like Marsh etc to help with that. I doubt normal life insurance will be able to offer much.

About 4% annual return only (as far as I know from last enquiry).