Like Tree12Likes

USPS attempted delivery

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USPS attempted delivery

Hi, I had an attempted delivery from a package sent by USPS (united states postal service - not UPS) yesterday.

I wasn't home and have checked the online tracking to find this message:
    "ADDRESSEE NOT AVAILABLE - ADDRESSEE ADVISED TO PICK UP THE ITEM
    HONG KONG".

Does anyone know where these packages go? I can't find a USPS pick up point. I have no idea where because I didn't receive a card telling me. Would it be held at a local HK Post office? Again I would have no idea which one...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, it should be at HK Post - and they should have left a card in your mailbox indicating which post office it is being held at.

Do you know which post office normally holds / delivers your mail? Worth calling them if its urgent.

sare333 likes this.

Did they leave any card on your mailbox? Normally usps posts are handled by hk post, but not always!!

sare333 likes this.

Yeah they usually leave it at theHK post.. then few days later you will get a card for you to pick up at the hk post office near your home. What I usually do is I would call the hk post and ask them to send it to the post office near my office so I can just pick it up at lunch time..

sare333 likes this.

Thank you so much everyone!

I didnt get a notification card at all. I've checked my letterbox.
    I have no idea which post office it would have been returned to. I live in Sai Ying Pun so I'm assuming its this one. Could be Shueng Wan also.

Interesting to know that it can take a couple of days to get a notification card...typical...

I've also emailed USPS for assistance.

I'm in that area as well, HK post has an office between 2nd and 3rd street.

But unless you know the pick up number written on the notification card, they are probably not going to hand your package to you.

sare333 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sare333:
    Hi, I had an attempted delivery from a package sent by USPS (united states postal service - not UPS) yesterday.
    How do you know you had an attempted delivery yesterday if there was no card in your mailbox? For most people, the card is how they know this. Also it doesnt take a couple of days to get the card. It is put in your mailbox instantly if you are not at home during the delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    How do you know you had an attempted delivery yesterday if there was no card in your mailbox? For most people, the card is how they know this. Also it doesnt take a couple of days to get the card. It is put in your mailbox instantly if you are not at home during the delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by sare333:
    I wasn't home and have checked the online tracking to find this message:"ADDRESSEE NOT AVAILABLE - ADDRESSEE ADVISED TO PICK UP THE ITEM HONG KONG".

That doesn't say there was an attempted delivery yesterday. It might still be on the way and the USPS tracking system is too shit to interface with with HK post tracking system so just shows some generic message like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast