Like Tree42Likes

Animal Abuse

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    @jgl not exactly Sci fi

Modern day scarecrows
    When it's written as "used a laser gun to kill 10 house sparrows" then everyone reads Buck Rogers, Star Wars or (in my case) Austin Powers.
    vmlinuz likes this.

Film it, send it to local media (Apple Daily, hk01, Mingpao, Hong Kong Free Press, etc.)
    Thanks for caring these poor animals. Bless you

Last edited by ipodaddict; 05-01-2018 at 12:46 AM.
    z754103 likes this.

You don't speak for "everyone".

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    When it's written as "used a laser gun to kill 10 house sparrows" then everyone reads Buck Rogers, Star Wars or (in my case) Austin Powers.
    I thought of Star Wars.

I still don't understand what they do to these birds. You wrote "the shopping centre set an animal trap and and used a laser gun to kill 10 house sparrows". Then it turns up that they don't use the laser guns to kill them, but only to scare them. So what are the traps for? Perhaps after having trapped the birds, they release them outside the shopping centre? If so, what is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by alex6107:
    You don't speak for "everyone".
    Sigh, you're really here for sympathetic Internet outrage, aren't you? You're not going to do that if 1) you can't clearly explain what was going on in the first place and 2) you shirk off all responsibility onto completely irrelevant parties (hint: AFCD has nothing to do with this Google "AFCD mission statement" to see what they are supposed to do and why a handful of non-endangered birds has no bearing on this).

Do something direct about it, go and bring it up with the mall management first politely, and then escalate if that gets nowhere. As you let go the chance to intervene during the incident and tried to involve the SPCA afterwards. Again, a body with no possible influence here.
    Last edited by jgl; 05-01-2018 at 09:46 AM.

+1 for film and share on the internet. This is the current "way" to solve anything that has no other solution.

But first I would ensure you get all the facts right (which should be consistent with filming what is going on anyway).

I don't think it's right to kill birds just because they enter a shopping centre, but so far you have not provided much evidence of what actually happens. You need evidence. The next step is to find out what happens in other places that do care (I would try finding out what they do in Europe, for example, where animal protection is taken much more seriously) then you can offer solutions rather than just outrage. Solutions are far more useful.

jgl likes this.

I don't ask for any "sympathetic internet outrage" as you suggested. It is simple and straight forward. If you don't understand it, I cannot help you.

If you don't agree with the things I said, it is perfectly fine. But don't try to use "everyone" to make your point.

Cyberbullying is not healthy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by alex6107:
    I don't ask for any "sympathetic internet outrage" as you suggested. It is simple and straight forward. If you don't understand it, I cannot help you.
    Lots of people didn't understand it. Perhaps you didn't tell it properly.

You are asking for help. Try telling it again, more accurately.

Put simply, could anyone help trapped sparrows in places such as in shopping centres and supermarkets? This is the reason I posted my questions on this website in the first place.

I understand that the chances are slim but the fate of trapped sparrows is doomed.

That being said, I just tried to ask if anyone or some organizations in Hong Kong might be able to offer some help to these poor sparrows. After all, this often happens/happened in Hong Kong.

Sadly, some people shifted the focus of discussions on other things and made sarcastic comments.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast