Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Flat Hunter
  • 3 Post By rani
  • 3 Post By jgl

Does anyone have a adjustable spanner I can borrow for a few hours

Does anyone have a adjustable spanner I can borrow for a few hours

Hi all,
    I've bought some used shelves that need to dissembled and reassembled.
    Does anyone have a adjustable spanner/wrench I can borrow this Saturday for a few hours.
    i can pick up anywhere near an MTR.
    otherwise, where can i buy one? doesn't need to be anything fancy, I need a 14/15mm
    thanks!

Any of the local hardware shops and possibly Japan home.

shri likes this.

Any hardware store will have spanners. 14/15 is a common size for double headed ones. Japan Home does not carry this kind of thing.

Hardware stores are all over the place. There are clusters of more serious ones along Ap Liu St in Sham Shui Po, Shanghai/Portland St in Mongkok. Okay ones on Wellington St in Central. But you get standalone ones all over the place. Just walk in, show a photo on your phone.

You should be able to get one for the cost of a Happy Meal (i.e. I would be slightly surprised if anyone would be arsed meeting at an MTR station to lend something this low value and easy to find, and then meeting again to get it back).

Edit: Add Thompson Street next to Wanchai MTR.

Last edited by jgl; 12-01-2018 at 10:38 AM.
    shri, JAherbert and bb555 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bb555:
    Hi all,
    I've bought some used shelves that need to dissembled and reassembled.
    Does anyone have a adjustable spanner/wrench I can borrow this Saturday for a few hours.
    i can pick up anywhere near an MTR.
    otherwise, where can i buy one? doesn't need to be anything fancy, I need a 14/15mm
    thanks!
    Check if your building management has one they can lend you. We found ours has keeps a few tools in every block to lend residents.
    jgl, shri and bb555 like this.

thanks for the replied JGL & rani. I'll ask management first and if not then find a hardware store nearby. good idea to showing the picture on the phone!
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bb555:
    thanks for the replied JGL & rani. I'll ask management first and if not then find a hardware store nearby. good idea to showing the picture on the phone!
    thanks!
    And hopefully your building management (assuming you can communicate with them and they're organised) should have a list of near by stores and also service providers like handymen etc.