Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By biffski
  • 1 Post By Stu79
  • 1 Post By UK/HKboy

FCC Foreign Correspondence Club

FCC Foreign Correspondence Club

Hello!
    May I know if it's possible to attend FCC's events without being a member?
    There are so many talks which I would love to attend but seems they are for members only...
    I would like to join the club too but does not know anyone who can introduce me... any insights/suggestions would be most appreciated...
    Thank you!

Hello!
    May I know if it's possible to attend FCC's events without being a member?
    There are so many talks which I would love to attend but seems they are for members only...
    I would like to join the club too but does not know anyone who can introduce me... any insights/suggestions would be most appreciated...
    Thank you!

Last edited by shri; 14-01-2018 at 05:49 PM.

There is a very long waiting list for membership

If you write either full time or freelance you can become a member quite quickly.

shri, spode and HK_Katherine like this.

Journalists can get membership very easily, as can those with companies with corporate debentures or if you are a HK diplomat (bizarrely, since I imagine you wouldn't be in HK very much).

You don't need to be a member to go to the speaker sessions - guests of members are allowed too. There's been a couple of times when I've wanted to hear someone speak and a member has registered me, but not come themselves and it's not been a problem.

Other than the speakers, I wouldn't say FCC is worth joining - very average dining and very limited sports facilities.

I like their food.

Quote Originally Posted by Scousebanana

Other than the speakers, I wouldn't say FCC is worth joining - very average dining and very limited sports facilities.
    Don't know what you've eaten but I find the food is great - especially the Indian dishes.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.
    Unfortunately I don't know anyone at the moment who is a member... Nor do I write...
    I've been wanting to join a club which would match my interests somewhat, no point joining a sports club when I'm interested in politics, debates, conspiracy theories (hehe), etc ~ thought perhaps may meet like-minded people at FCC also... Having said that it was the talks they offered that interested me the most...
    Let's see, perhaps I'll find a way eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    I like their food.
    The food they serve at the quiz is rather bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikuku
    Thanks everyone for your feedback.
    Unfortunately I don't know anyone at the moment who is a member... Nor do I write...
    I've been wanting to join a club which would match my interests somewhat, no point joining a sports club when I'm interested in politics, debates, conspiracy theories (hehe), etc ~ thought perhaps may meet like-minded people at FCC also... Having said that it was the talks they offered that interested me the most...
    Let's see, perhaps I'll find a way eventually!
    Why do you need the FCC when you have GeoExpat.

You should read the thread about Teresa Cheng in the news and issues section. Politics! Debates! Conspiracy Theories! It has it all!
    civil_servant likes this.