Like Tree57Likes

Gift ideas for 2 year old....need help!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Gift ideas for 2 year old....need help!!

My son's birthday is coming up early next month and I need some ideas for a birthday gift that is not a toy. I won't be with him on his birthday as he is in UK with his mother and I'm in HK due to work related issue.

Anyway I want some ides for gift which is beneficial for him in the long run and that he can remember when he grows up. something very thoughtful kind of gift.

A bank account or trust that matures when he is 18.

huja, kk16 and Mrs. Jones like this.

WMDS thank you for your reply, and this is a great idea. My mrs. brought this up when we were discussing. Will certainly look into this.
    Thanks again.

I'd not mix thoughtfulness/memories with finances, especially if you're not going to keep an eye out on them.

The interwebs are littered with stories of kids who thought that the stock cert their grand parent left for them would be worth millions...

kk16 and markranson like this.

UK Premium Bonds. They are savings but of a different kind: you get a chance to participate in a draw each month for a prize. Which means he will be getting random "presents" possibly until he dies. I was given my first 1 pound premium bond when I was born, had more as birthday gifts etc; I have purchased a few myself and also won a few prices and now have several thousand pounds worth. Its "fun" but also serious.

https://www.nsandi.com/premium-bonds

shri, kk16, chuckster007 and 1 others like this.

Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    UK Premium Bonds. They are savings but of a different kind: you get a chance to participate in a draw each month for a prize. Which means he will be getting random "presents" possibly until he dies. I was given my first 1 pound premium bond when I was born, had more as birthday gifts etc; I have purchased a few myself and also won a few prices and now have several thousand pounds worth. Its "fun" but also serious.

https://www.nsandi.com/premium-bonds
    Brilliant .. more fun than the Mark Six!
    Original Post Deleted
    - Discussion topic over drinks.
    Last edited by shri; 25-01-2018 at 02:14 PM.
    kk16 likes this.

Not something to "remember forever", but maybe this book about Hong Kong:
    https://www.littlebeanstoychest.com/...ns/quiet-books

kk16 likes this.

he is going to be 2 years old, dont over think it, he is a kid, buy him a toy FFS lol the other stuff with finances etc you can go ahead and do but its not a Birthday present.

kk16, shri, TheBrit and 5 others like this.

Thank you Katherine, this a great and fun idea. Will definitely consider this. I will go through the web link. Once again thank you. appreciate it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast