Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10
Like Tree110Likes

CNY Lai See Etiquette - Who, How Much, When and Why?

Quote Originally Posted by ermen
    whats wrong with 2 notes?
    Do you mean per packet? I don't know the reason, told it was traditionally one note per packet

I just let my wife handle it all. Not heard of this one note per packet thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!
    20 x 2 is widely given by Chinese. I don't think they count it like 40 is bad because it has a 4. I believe a bit in Fung Shui but money is money.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to live nor work on the 4/F , 14/F etc.
    20x2 is very very common.

It's ok to work on the 4th/x4th floor, too. Maybe it's less desireable, but it's ok. Living there, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw
    20x2 is very very common.

It's ok to work on the 4th/x4th floor, too. Maybe it's less desireable, but it's ok. Living there, not so much.
    I got a great flat on the 4th floor in Tokyo with a great floorplan, view, price. It would not have been available I think if it weren't on the 4th floor so I was glad to get it. Coworker got married in Japan on an unlucky day for half price (literally) of a lucky day. Sometimes, it's good to ignore the number things...

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau
    Coworker got married in Japan on an unlucky day for half price (literally) of a lucky day.
    And those all unlucky days in the end?

Happily married to his beautiful wife for over 10 years, lovely little boy in primary one...worked out to be a lucky day for him...

Amazon got registered as a business on unlucky day according to lunar calendar. Despite that Jeff Bezos has become the richest man in the world.

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Until the divorce is complete.

vyral_143 likes this.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10