Like Tree15Likes

Pork Fat among Top 10 Most Nutritious Foods ?!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    nearly 50% of adult males in Hong Kong are now considered overweight or obese, so chances are it's a local considering they make up 94% of the population. I see loads of fat locals around, more so in the last 10 years with the rise of bread shops, McDs and now Starbucks everywhere. Western style diet is taking over, carbs and sugar is king.

Half of Hongkongers over 15 now overweight or obese, damning government health study reveals | South China Morning Post
    Qualitative observations plus quantitative data. Gold star for you.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    The next trail snack for ultra runners.
    Wow, Civil, you understand the science too !

It's already happening, but adaption to using a high-fat diet for ultra sports takes time, mainly because burning fat requires more oxygen than burning glucose. It is a very interesting area. Certainly in high intensity training being fat adapted works very well. I imagine that for elite atheletes it could be used as a training aid, rather than a race day diet. But for the 99.99% of us that aren't that obsessive, keto is a viable option for training and race day.

There's even a movie!

https://youtu.be/xsr6GfKXxks

#runonfatmovie - The Run on Fat Movie Blog

https://trailrunnermag.com/nutrition...pted-diet.html

Gross. Pork Fat! Really gross!

I don’t believe this. Because eating fatty foods is only going to clog up your arteries. Then you get a stroke or heart attack. Why I see lots of stroke victims in HK and China.

Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennBond:
    I don’t believe this. Because eating fatty foods is only going to clog up your arteries. Then you get a stroke or heart attack. Why I see lots of stroke victims in HK and China.
    The article said nutritious and not healthy.
    hullexile, UK/HKboy and Ciderman like this.

Pork fat is associated with high cholesterol levels. It may be dense in energy, so you only need to eat little of it, but it does have negative effects on your cholesterol.

it's not the fat... the nitrates and the cured process.

Do some research... Keto diets can be beneficial for people and many fats are definitely good for you. Ultimately individual bodies will determine the extent to which one can eat fats, including saturated ones, but your statement is really off base. That's like saying all sugar and carbs will lead to diabetes.
    Ciderman likes this.

When I take it to the extreme out in the mountains it's pork chops, salad, and beer (non-alcoholic) for this guy.

Kowloon Goon likes this.