Like Tree27Likes

Found an English speaking discount taxi driver!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Use DiDI it works in HK! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rs4:
    Google is your best friend
    Sometimes they don't have the Chinese characters until you zoom in really close. I hand my phone to the driver, then he isn't that sure and tries to zoom out again to see where it is near. And he doesn't really know how to use my phone and it closes and i have to use my fingerprint to open it again...
    drumbrake and JAherbert like this.

The bashing keeps on going
    the bashing of bashing... it never ends

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    Sometimes they don't have the Chinese characters until you zoom in really close. I hand my phone to the driver, then he isn't that sure and tries to zoom out again to see where it is near. And he doesn't really know how to use my phone and it closes and i have to use my fingerprint to open it again...
    Can you translate it if you know the english name?

Can you translate it if you know the english name?
    No, sometimes Google translate doesn't work with place names if not a direct or literal translation. And sometimes I know the English name but not the Chinese name of a place because it can be quite different.
    JAherbert likes this.

Precisely why you need to download Taxi Cards. It also speaks the address.

thank you

Mat and Cminds like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    People never cease to amaze me.

We have a guy on here who is nice enough to post some useful information, ie taxi w discount in English...

and the answers he gets are...it's easy, we know, try this blablablablabla

Yet every week almost there is a thread about how unpleasant, how little English etc taxi driver are / speak in HK.

We could have just said THANK YOU to the OP and moved on.
    Get off my lawn.

i noticed the useful bit, the chinese names, are now missing from the version I am using. it was bilingual now English only.

Original Post Deleted
    I think he works mostly on kowloon side, but I'm not 100% sure. I just randomly hailed his cab near Olympic station area.
    gigglinggal likes this.