Like Tree2Likes

Where to get my haircut in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to get my haircut in Hong Kong

Hi, seeking some inputs from fellow Forum members in places I can get a decent hair cut that’s not too pricey.

I’ve gone through a couple of threads here, but couldn’t get the all the info I needed.

What I’m hoping to find are:

- hair salons that have stylists who know how to cut short hair with scissors. I am not a fan of clippers as my hair is fine and wavy. Need technical cutting skills to give my hair some texture

- actually can think what cut suits customers the best

- simple shampoo and cut. I don’t need shoulder rubs or cool mint foam. I don’t want to pay for these

- would be good to pay no more than 250-300 at the absolute max. Bonus for lower than 250

i usually go for Japanese stylists who are very technical with scissor cutting. They are really expensive here, like elsewhere, but I’m not willing to pay for a new experience, so I’m seeking recommendations. I just had my hair cut in a chinese salon and it looked awful. Clipper work, no texturing and poor skills in blending together hair type, length, head shape and face shape.

My last stylist was cutting my hair for over two years. The search is on.

Thanks
    DSB

Not sure if you're male or female? The reason I ask is that often salons have different prices.
    I think in HK, this is one area where you really go get what you pay for. I personally spend well over your budget but always leave satisfied, my hairdresser is properly trained, incredibly meticulous and listens to what I want.

I think Queen's Hair and Nail checks all of your boxes. I've been going for several years now and have similar requirements, especially the aversion to electric razors. It's about $240 for men's shampoo + cut.

It's located at 168 Des Voux Road 1/F. Phone: 2111 1854

What is it about GXP posters wanting professional haircuts but only willing to pay amateur prices?!

Last edited by huja; 19-03-2018 at 01:32 PM.
    jaykay and chuckster007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    I think Queen's Hair and Nail checks all of your boxes. I've been going for several years now and have similar requirements, especially the aversion to electric razors. It's about $240 for men's shampoo + cut.

It's located at 168 Des Voux Road 1/F. Phone: 2111 1854
    I am a male. Thanks for the tip!!

I get my haircut in Sai Kung and pay HK$55. Works great for me coz i have a low vanity level.

Im a bloke and I get my hair cut in Chai Wan and its $40, Im paying a higher price for better service as the next shop is only $30 LOL

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    What is it about GXP posters wanting professional haircuts but only willing to pay amateur prices?!
    Been a decade plus since I've done this - but the Mandarin Barber surprisingly is only $560 or so for the "experienced" barber. Recall paying $350ish.

Dropped to $200ish at the Barber Shop at the bottom of LKF. Not sure if they are still around.

Now, dropped to $50-60 at the "QB" clone around the corner near where we live.

The Barber - Mandarin Oriental.

We go to a lady named Jane, who is now working at: Wing lok Street 109 1/F, Hair Dress, in Sheung Wan. You can whatsapp her at 9309 3776 to make an appointment. Her haircuts can be hit or miss sometimes, but she's generally been reliable, straight forward, quick, etc. Dunno how much she is charging now, but before we paid only $120ish.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast