I've just been given the unfortunate news that i'm still 2.5 years away from PR. (thought i was closer)
My current contract is due to finish at the end of this year, and i've been offered a good package overseas, but I love HK!
I can find a job here, on relatively the same expat package im on now. (excluding annual leave and non-saturday working i currently enjoy)
So, my question is have i missed anything off the list below that makes staying to get PR worth it?
1. Free to return without visa process. (big plus for hiring companys)
2. Borrowing money - can borrow money at HKs low interest rates.
3. Buying property without 15% expat tax.
4. Can buy stocks in HK. (currently UK PR, only gains on stock are taxed highly, HK are not)
1. Must return once every 3 years? (is this a must?)