Like Tree1Likes

Hardwood floor / scraps

Hardwood floor / scraps

So I have one board on my floor that has warped, badly. It's not the biggest of deals but for the fact it's directly under my bedroom door and now I cannot close the door.

Rather than bother my landlord and wait for months, I'd prefer to just yank the two boards, sort out what is underneath and then replace the warped board with a new one.

Anyone know a specific shop that sells hardwood floor scraps and leftovers or small lots? Yea, I know "Lockhart Road" or "Reclamation Street" but I looking specifically for a shop or store that has scraps so I don't have to spend the day walking down a road asking this guy and the that.

You find anything? Looking for some hardwood pieces myself for DIY projects.

FWIW, there's a sweet couple (I presume) that run a small shop behind Winston's Coffee in SYP (by the football pitch). It's all reclaimed / repurposed lumber, dirty, full of holes, but it's cheap, and they'll do complimentary rip cuts to clean up the edges (were most of the nasty feature lie).

Not much English but numbers are universal and they're friendly as the day is long.

Picked up a 215x30cm cut of pine, edged on his table down to 215x20 for $80 HKD. The lumber guy across the street wanted almost $300 for something similar. After an hour of sanding and a thin coat of stain, we're in business.