Like Tree72Likes

Is there anything about living in China that's better than living in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

China is better hands down as it is a lot cheaper in terms of food, entertainment and a whole lot more. It's common knowledge that even hong kongers flock to China to enjoy themselves.

Environmental benefits? Perhaps compared to a motorcycles but batteries need to be recharged and in China, that means fossil fuel not to mention the ones that blow up and cause fire like the one that killed 19 people near Beijing. Add to that health hazard of the older lead acid battery and it's far from perfect.

If they were properly licensed with training and/or speed limitation it would already be a big help. As I said, if they are treated like green motorcycles and used on roads then great. They have no business being mixed up with bikes unless the speed is limited to 20kph.

As is often the case in China, it's like the Wild West so less than ideal at the moment. They are slowly waking up to the problem and looking at the standard of driving, I imagine that it will take a long time to make it safer.

Original Post Deleted
    What you call BS and nonsense is a based on concerns held by many as demonstrated by the articles I have posted and here's another one:

https://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/...silent-killer/

NYC has also effected a ban on those contraptions. As I mentioned though I'm sure you failed to read it since it's no doubt past your sober time. The issue isn't necessarily with those contraptions but due to the lack in regulations and the diversity of the type used. There's a vast difference between a relatively normal bike with some assistance and a heavy scooter going 40kph yet you'll see kids riding those things. But hey, it's all BS and nonsense because the colonial master has said so and per your usual m.o., anyone with a different opinion is a moron...
    Last edited by Golem; 11-04-2018 at 10:46 PM.
    civil_servant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese:
    Not sure if sarcasm? I've generally found Mainland people to more approachable, open and friendly than HK... and customer service is better in shops and restaurants on the Mainland as well...
    Not sure how to translate it.
    Many people, makes life easy.
    It's a quote from Mao.

So, yes.
    Last edited by Morrison; 12-04-2018 at 07:05 AM.
    SpeakCantonese likes this.

So far we have

-Bigger apartments (CCP policy is to make HK apartments smaller and smaller)
    - More variety of Chinese food - Not juts HK style Canto
    - maybe ebikes
    - Bigger supermarkets (CCP policy is to make HK commercial properties v expensive)

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    So far we have

-Bigger apartments (CCP policy is to make HK apartments smaller and smaller)
    - More variety of Chinese food - Not juts HK style Canto
    - maybe ebikes
    - Bigger supermarkets (CCP policy is to make HK commercial properties v expensive)
    You missed people friendlier. Also did anyone say "more variety of food"? I thought it was the food was better which includes variety but also the quality is better.
    East_coast and SpeakCantonese like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    You missed people friendlier. Also did anyone say "more variety of food"? I thought it was the food was better which includes variety but also the quality is better.
    I discounted the people friendlier one as it really depends where you are. Downtown Shanghai or Guangzhou is not that friendly. If the question do smaller cities tend to be friendlier then 'yes'

Quote Originally Posted by Seagulls!:
    The mainlanders in my experience are much more accommodating and friendly. They don't have the HK superiority complex, and their food is FAR better!
    Making friends with mainlanders have been so much easier for me. Also I like the food more too.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I discounted the people friendlier one as it really depends where you are. Downtown Shanghai or Guangzhou is not that friendly. If the question do smaller cities tend to be friendlier then 'yes'
    It's just a general feeling that I get. I also feel that Mainland people, generally speaking, look happier...
    Skyhook likes this.

More and better street food.

I think there's more for kids to do. Actually, I think Mainland people, generally, are more into kids than HK people... Kids are freer there, freer to play...

I also like the way people of all ages play on the street or in parks in China...it happens a bit here...but everyone does it there, be it badminton, dancing or whatever.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast