Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6
Like Tree52Likes

Would you like to have been born as a Hong Konger?

Mat

The discussion is closed. Bow to the FRENCH

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...tionality.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz Paul
    Through personal experiences, I've learnt that caucasians enjoy the highest degree of tolerance, acceptance and I dare say privileges on this planet making it a hell lot easier for this race in terms of movability and adaptability to a new place, be it HK or Kenya. I am completely fine with it but it would be nice just to turn up rather having to prove your existence on a regular basis. Anyways, reiterating this myriad times is getting tedious and I wouldnt want to dwell any further on this.

peeps, take it easy as there is no offense intended even in the remotest possible ways.
    Well, I thought "white privilege" is a myth and there is no proof that it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpaochicken
    Just curious. Now that many of you have been staying here for years, would you like to have been born as a Hong Konger? Are you proud of your nationality or would you prefer another one?
    I'm glad I wasn't born in HK. Still, on the scale of best to worst HK ranks a lot closer to the top than the bottom. However, I think the UK school system served me well and I would have struggled with the HK system a lot more.

Ultimately by accident of birth in a rich, developed Western country with great parents I am fully aware I hit the jackpot which places me firmly in the top 1% before I took my first breath.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    I'm glad I wasn't born in HK. Still, on the scale of best to worst HK ranks a lot closer to the top than the bottom. However, I think the UK school system served me well and I would have struggled with the HK system a lot more.

Ultimately by accident of birth in a rich, developed Western country with great parents I am fully aware I hit the jackpot which places me firmly in the top 1% before I took my first breath.
    I guess life is like a game of cards and we are just trying our best to play the cards we're dealt. Do you all sometimes wonder what would you have become, if you were born a Hong Konger? Would life be the same or very different?

Quote Originally Posted by kungpaochicken
    I guess life is like a game of cards and we are just trying our best to play the cards we're dealt. Do you all sometimes wonder what would you have become, if you were born a Hong Konger? Would life be the same or very different?
    I'm still wondering why you are asking all these questions that were all just different reiterations of the original question. If this is for your creative writing class, please remember to thank the members of Geoexpat.
    gigglinggal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit

Reminds me of a line I saw in a film recently, "the man chose his ancestors very poorly" . As you say all luck.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6