Like Tree2Likes

Money Transfer To India

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by aisankit
    Hi, Thanks for suggestion.

I have downloaded this app but didn't found a way to top up money into wallet like in TNG app I can top up through 7-11 store etc and then transfer money to India.
    How to top up money in this?
    No need to add anything to wallet, just initiate transfer request in their app and get the reference number then use your online banking to transfer money to Transferwise's local account with DBS using reference number in remarks field..
    shri likes this.

@asiankit I am using Harbour & Hills (previously known as GECL). They charge HK$15 as transaction fees and most times I get about 3-4 paisa less than going rate. Transfer reflects in my account next working day in normal case. They are located in Hankow center.

On a related note, anyone looking at HKD FCNR, Federal Bank is offering decent rates for a 1Y deposit

https://www.federalbank.co.in/docume...7-cebc66a4e127

Money transfer to India

Hi friends want to share my experience. Recently transferred some money using a well known bank in Hong Kong! But the money never reached India. After 3 days I got a refund with deduction of 200HKD. As per bank it is the deduction charge. Dont know what to say.
    some one told me that western union has some app and I can send money using it. Trying it today. Pls share what is the best app ya to send money back home in India! Thanks

I have used tng wallet. Its quite fast and reliable. Am not sure of the exchange rate they offer in comparision to western union.

Money Transfer

Thanks for your reply.
    what is the charge for Tng wallet?
    i just used WesternUnion and the charge was 15/ dont know if it is good or bad. But my wife already received money from location in 10 min.
    Seems fast. Thank you

But the money never reached India. After 3 days I got a refund with deduction of 200HKD.
    You should try and ask them what the reason was. Quite frequently it is a mismatch of names - first, middle, last name combos that cause rejections.
    Nilesh 1911 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2