Like Tree1Likes

Indian Domestic Helper

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Indian Domestic Helper

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am in need of a domestic helper who can cook good Indian vegetarian food. I live on Kowloon side and would prefer a full-time live-in helper, even though a part-time would also be considered. I have tried searching many Hong Kong websites, however haven't got much luck. Can anyone tell me where I can find one?

Could you look for employment agencies in India and then just do the visa stuff yourself?

It is difficult to find one thru agencies in India. I am sorry to say that but u can try asiaxpat.com they have a forum for Domestic helpers by country

Indian DH

True... I did try to find one in India. But I'm afraid I'll get one of those who stand up and sue their employers midway through the contract. I've heard of so many such instances. The scariest part is that most of the employers never did anything that they were being accused of!

Are they people who have moved to HK? I would not worry if I were you, in HK all the power appears to reside with the employer (I don't necessarily agree with this, but it appears to be the case...)

I have an Indian helper. I 'll ask her tomorrow if she has friends whom are looking for a job. When I was looking for a helper, there were lots of Indian helpers available. You can take a look at Hong Kong Domestic Helper Search | AsiaXPAT.com

It shouldn't be hard to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by mootje:
    I have an Indian helper. I 'll ask her tomorrow if she has friends whom are looking for a job. When I was looking for a helper, there were lots of Indian helpers available. You can take a look at Hong Kong Domestic Helper Search | AsiaXPAT.com

It shouldn't be hard to find one.
    Thank you! That would be of great help! I look forward to hearing from you.

Or you could widen your search to find any good domestic helper and send them on cooking classes.

Hi prolex,
    did you find an indian helper.Even I need someone who can cook indian food.I need her to come only in the evening for say 1-2 hrs.BTW I live in kowloon too ,Olympc mtr.

Cheers!

to prolex

hello sir/madam i read ur add.i am an indian just on tour in hong kong .but i can cook well indian food.i have 15 days visa.if intrested pls contact me ......mangeet 94057508 thnx

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast