Like Tree5Likes

Heated clothing airer

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heated clothing airer

Hi all
    does anyone know where I can get a heated clothes airer from? I’ve looked over websites but cannot find any either in HK or that will ship to HK.
    I have a dehumidifier but yet the collars on my t-shirts still smell a little damp so hoping this could help it.

Any advice how to stop damp smells or where I can purchase this item would be great.

Thanks

We have one, its useless.

Its already hot enough - you dont need more heat.

You need to lower the humidity and if that is not working, increase circulation....Get a nice big fan and point it at your laundry when its drying.

Thanks for the advice Howard
    I have an AC unit in the wall that can be turned to fan mode, would you suggest that or just a normal fan?

i already put the wet clothes into a small room and close the door.

Fan's from aircons are generally weak. I would suggest getting a dedicated fan for this task but also check the dehumidifier that its working properly.

A small room with a closed door should do the job without a fan....perhaps the dehumidifier is not doing its job properly?

chingleutsch likes this.

A normal fan moves a lot more air and can be directed right at the drying clothes whilst the dehumidifier is on.

HowardCoombs likes this.

That’s fine. I have a stand-alone fan anyway.

Its only a two month dehumidifier. Carrier brand and it’s on dryer mode.

Not all the clothes smell - it’s only some of them and mostly the collars.

thanks for your advice

Hi,
    I had a ceramic cube heater, would crank it up on high, hang the clothes on the shower curtain rod and shut the bathroom door. Worked perfectly. Dry in one to two hours depending on the thickness. But they do sell what you are looking for at Japan Home Centre, here is a link, sorry it's in Chinese.
    https://www.jhceshop.com/tch/product...81524198459387

Thank you. I will look into this option if the fan option doesn’t work.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Hi,
    I had a ceramic cube heater, would crank it up on high, hang the clothes on the shower curtain rod and shut the bathroom door. Worked perfectly. Dry in one to two hours depending on the thickness. But they do sell what you are looking for at Japan Home Centre, here is a link, sorry it's in Chinese.
    Where did all the moisture from the clothes go if this was in a sealed bathroom? Were you running the exhaust fan too?

I broke down and bought a tiny but mighty tumble dryer- in my old flat I used it as an end table next to the sofa, it's that small. Has a front vent tube that can run out the window to exhaust the damp air. At my current place it lives on a covered bit of the roof balcony- I dry my clothes on the balcony then for that last bit of damp, toss them in the dryer. It's about 2900 at Fortress- it is so small I just strapped it to a cart and brought it over on the ferry, hauled it up to the roof- only something like 20kg. For shirts, tossing them in on high heat removes wrinkles so no ironing...one of my motivations for purchasing it.

https://www.indesit.co.uk/i/laundry/...-white/f086092

WMDS likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast