Like Tree50Likes

Girlfriend arrested after going to immigration tower ... NEED ADVICE

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nep:
    First passport is 2 years only, then 5, then 10
    Makes sense. Kids looks change so much in early years.

a mate of mine over stayed in HK for a year and when he finally decided to leave HK and return home he was stopped by the immigration at the airport and after a lengthy discussion they kicked him out of HK on to his flight, Immg probably thought why waste time and effort when the fecker is leaving already LOL

He was banned from HK for a year or so I think, he didnt come back until 2 years passed anyways, he got a work visa in HK which had no problems but when ever we went on short boys trips, he would always get stopped by immigration, they would take him aside and check his passport / details, we never waited for him or we would always go infront on him as we knew he would get stopped LOL

Austrian

TheBrit, chuckster007 and Beuze like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rigerd:
    she overstay about four months

IMO, the arrest has nothing to do with race. One does not overstay a visa by FOUR months and just realize it. There is probable cause that it was a conscious act. That's why she was arrested. At this point, its best to be truthful. My guess is she will be deported and banned from return but can you blame the authorities?
    Last edited by RMDNC; 05-06-2018 at 12:59 PM.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    IMO, the arrest has nothing to do with race.
    You must be new around here.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    You must be new around here.
    I agree there is racial profiling in all areas of HK society to a degree, especially when it comes to SE Asians. However, in this case, IMO the person overstayed by FOUR months. Even if she was a white upper class executive or a person of Chinese descent from the UK or US or an East Asian from Japan or Korea, there would be probably cause to detain her.

Brilliant !!!
    I hope the ImmD does this more often.

You don't know the background story people so don't be too quick to rush to judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    I agree there is racial profiling in all areas of HK society to a degree, especially when it comes to SE Asians. However, in this case, IMO the person overstayed by FOUR months. Even if she was a white upper class executive or a person of Chinese descent from the UK or US or an East Asian from Japan or Korea, there would be probably cause to detain her.
    Nope. There was dude here many moons back from a pale skin country that overstayed 1+ years. He went to ID, no arrest, as I recall no fine, no ban, he was free to leave. It was discussed here but I can't find it.

Anyway, it's all isolated cases and they look into each case individually.

https://i.imgur.com/2iPDLl9.jpg

I don’t think it’s about skin tone or race but nationality. I am sure a South Asian or black executive with a Canadian passport gets treated differently to a guy with an Indian passport selling suits in TST.