Like Tree11Likes

amazon equivalent online general store

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

amazon equivalent online general store

actually more like the ebay local version!
    what do locals use for online shopping? seems like it's not very popular here but in china and USA it's the only shopping we do. always takes so long to find simple cheap things like brushes or foam insulation tape or a thermometer.
    can i setup to use taobao with delivery to Hong Kong? been using banggood and they have good prices but delivery time is pretty slow most of the time like 2 weeks because they ship from singapore. thanks!
    brad

Last edited by bradwww; 17-07-2018 at 01:33 PM.

HKTV Mall is becoming popular and their pricing is predatory enough to be considered Amazonian.

Brushes / Foam - try a hardware store that caters to contractors? What part of town are you in? Ask your management office if you have one, and they might be able to point you.

Thermometer - Pharmacy or Japan home center / Watsons type stores depending on what you want to do with it.

bradwww likes this.

my point is to buy it online for delivery because i don't want to root around a messy store trying to find these things! i want to search, click and forget about it till it arrives!

I hear you- I spent a few days searching for a funnel of all things...even if you are in the correct store, sometimes hard to spot what it is that you need...

bradwww likes this.

thanks for the tip but HKTVmall does not seem to have much in the way of gadgets - looks like mostly food - could not find a gauss meter for example to measure radiation. i'll keep looking - thanks!

yea and chinese attitude of shop workers is always "if you find it you can buy it" otherwise no help.

Quote Originally Posted by bradwww:
    yea and chinese attitude of shop workers is always "if you find it you can buy it" otherwise no help.
    Not at all. If you show them a photo or a sample and they'll gladly help - assuming they're not busy with another customer. You do need to meet them half way in explaining to them what you need.

But yes, I do understand the whole online thing.

RS has gauss meters.

https://hken.rs-online.com/web/c/tes...t/gaussmeters/
    bradwww and Sith like this.

Just use Amazon and Ebay and ship to a drop shipper such as Hopshopgo in Portland Oregon. Their company and support is based in Singapore. I have been using them for over six years. They provide a free address and will ship 15 items at a time. Protein bars, coco doormat, automotive toothbrush replacements, outside solar lights and reasonable priced high quality coffee beans and cosmetics were just some of my recent purchases. All of these items are at least 3-5X the cost locally. Shipping directly with DHL, Fed Ex and UpS were easily rationalized. Don't waste time or money.

MABinPengChau likes this.

And lately Amazon is shipping more things directly to HK and at some competitive prices- I think I just paid about 9 dollars US to have a pair of shoes delivered in about a week's time.

flameproof and biffski like this.

@MABinPengChau - thats pretty decent, considering how much the shoes are marked up here. I've always shipped the shoes through ShipBao will have to look at shipping it directly to HK the next time around.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast