Like Tree3Likes

'Officially' Certified French translation service?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question 'Officially' Certified French translation service?

I need to get my driver's license translated so I can pick up a HK licence. Any ideas on where, cost, time?

Thanks!

I asked for a quotation for the same document 1.5 years ago.
    From the list provided by jrkob, first one was 600HKD and fifth one 450HKD.

shri likes this.

A couple of years ago I was allowed to do my own translation in China, got a Chinese driving licence and converted that one in HK, which accepts Chinese. Just in case you need both

I have lived there first , then came to HK

@jrkob
    Yes I got the list from the consulate and they asked me to do the certification from one of them.
    And yes I got the translation certified too, that might explain the price difference.

Then you just have to go to the transport department and request your HK driving license, it took 2 weeks if I remember correctly.

Original Post Deleted
    Merci Beaucoup!

Thanks everyone! Just to be clear:

1) I must use a registered translator?
    2) I then need to take that translation to French Consulate for certification?

I can easily translate it myself (it's not Sartre) but I guess then no one would certify it?

Follow-up for anyone who'll be doing the same thing, I got the translation certified by just the translator (one from the list shared earlier -merci encore-) and they accepted that, after all it came with a 'High court' stamp.

Be prepared to wait, and wait, and wait some more, the direct issue line 'A' is, bar none, the least efficient government service I've experienced yet in HK. The reason for this is rather obvious, there are 3 wickets and basically 2/3 of the people in line are doing it for a company or others and have 3-5 applications each. Not really fair to individuals IMO. It took two and a quarter hours including my time at the window, it's honestly the longest wait I've experienced for any service anywhere (if you exclude flights).

Bring some reading material, head phones, drink and snack the place is incredibly noisy and you'll need to stand, there are no numbers to take and nowhere to sit.

I'll need to go back next week to pick it up and pay and I was told I can get my INTL driver's permit the same day but I think the permit line is the same dreaded line 'A'.

I think the Shatin Office also issues INTL permits, can anyone comment if that office also has an intolerably long wait?

shri likes this.

Original Post Deleted

Thanks! I just assumed it was the same line, as it was indicated in the green sign above the wickets "Direct Issue....and International Licenses..."

20mins is fine.

So it's actually far worse than the other line!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast