Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
I sort of had the similar issue and thought the new installed town gas heater was mal functioning so called them up to check it again, the town gas guy came in, saw my shower head was one of those with multi massage type ones and he said they are not good so he took it off and showed me that my water heater works perfectly. the guy was in and out of my house in 5 mins LOL he told me to get a regular shower head which I did and works perfectly.
Where did you get the shower head from? I have exactly the same issue and have already put in a replacement head to no avail. The Towngas guy just took the shower head off and said look, it's working fine now. You just need a better flowing shower head. Don't want to keep buying shower heads for trial and error. Should I just go to the Towngas shop and pick one up or is experimentation required?

Quote Originally Posted by answerer:
Did you adjust the temperature? The Towngas technicians previously told me that the way to get the heater to work is counter-intuitive - you want to turn the temperature up to the highest, and then reduce the gas flow valve. This tricks the water heater into keeping the fire on
How do you control the gas flow? The panel just allows you to adjust the temperature while the heater itself seems to not have any openings, so not exactly sure where the gas flow valve is located (assuming it's on the pipe leading to the heater).