• 2 Post By flameproof
  • 1 Post By answerer
  • 1 Post By Proplus
  • 3 Post By flameproof
  • 1 Post By MHF

Hong Kong Speedpost to Europe?

MHF

Hong Kong Speedpost to Europe?

I just had the worst experience with Hong Kong Speedpost and wonder if this is 'normal'...

I sent a time sensitive document to Europe (was told it takes 2-3 days at the counter... now checked their system which says 1-7!!!!)

Now it's been over a week already... it still hasn't been processed in country... and after a series of phone calls and EMails they still can't tell me where my documents are or when they will arrive. They want to call me 'some time next week'. Never again will I use Hong Kong Speedpost for anything important.

Do you have any experiences like this?
    Any preferred alternatives? Thx a lot!

I used Speedpost recently, it was only 3/4 days for my parcel to arrive, extremely speedy.

Speedpost is a bit like the lottery. You can't win every time.

I suggest you sign up here, they get good rates:

https://www.easyship.com

MHF and MABinPengChau like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MHF
    DHL.

Quote Originally Posted by MHF
    Do you have any experiences like this?
    Speedpost is the branding for EMS, which uses the local postal delivery service, so you're at the mercy of the local postal service and their definition of "express".

For time sensitive documents, use DHL/FedEx/UPS (depending on location) which can give you true location tracking.
    MHF likes this.

The trick to using Speedpost is to send it before 10-11am, and it'll be on the plane the same afternoon. I've sent tons of stuff to my mother back in UK, and every time they tell me it will take 5-7 days but arrives in 2-3 days.

humpty likes this.

Speedpost is only marginally cheaper to TNT. The price difference often in the HK$10 range. But you get a much better service.

Of course when you are not a customer and have no account with any of the real couriers you get charged the walk-in rates. That's where Easyship comes in with their huge discount.

For normal speed HK Posts eExpress is really good.

gigglinggal, humpty and MHF like this.

MHF

Thanks for the replies.

Update: I sent it 15 working days ago. Still not there... and Hong Kong Speedpost still has no clue when (or if?) it will arrive.

2 Days ago I resent my documents via DHL and it's already there. It was 400 instead of 230 HKD but I'd rather pay that then putting up with that unreliable service ever again. Now the question is whether I will get my money back - I will find out Monday

shri likes this.

Good luck, I’ve had mixed experience with speedpost. Most recently was a passport application that took 9 days to get to its destination. I probably won’t use them again.