Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ppqq
  • 1 Post By ByeByeEngland

lost my cell phone in taxi

lost my cell phone in taxi

called my phone and taxi driver answered. He said he will return my phone in half hour. But then I saw he drove to opposite direction from find my iphone then my phone is offline. I feel so disappointed and frustrated. Is there any way I can get my phone back?

nope if the taxi guy answered and lied, he turned the phone off and will probably take it to a phone shop to reset it and then use it for himself.

U can keep trying to call your phone see if he answers, do u remember the license plate number of the taxi??

Happened to me a couple weeks ago...tried calling but phone was on mute.

Called the green taxi dispatch and they almost ordered me a taxi...(need to learn Cantonese).

Next day it dawned on me to try Google and of course the overlords woke up my android phone and turned on GPS. But again need to learn Cantonese...luckily some friends communicated with him and set up a handoff. He just wanted some 'luck' money....

It’s a happy ending. I saw my phone is turned on then I called and offered $500. Driver drove back from somewhere near Shatian his home I believe to West Kowloon. Now I got my phone back. It is very HongKong style of handling but I think it’s fair and appreciate the driver driving all the way back at night.

MABinPengChau likes this.

I’ve lost mine in a taxi and not recovered it. I learned my lesson in three ways. 1) always check taxi before leaving (you’d be surprised at the money you find) 2) ALWAYS get the the taxi number when you get in 3) if drunk leave phone in pocket as 1 and 2 won’t apply

joanfung likes this.