Like Tree19Likes

Lost credit card got swiped 24k

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The bank is not too concerned with the details of where you found the cut up card nor who you think did it. They will look at the charged amount and whether your husband met the terms of condition for responsibly managing and reporting his lost card. Fraud departments may get the police involved depending on the quantum of the alleged fraud - not sure what it is, but 24,000HKD is not a trivial amount.

Quote Originally Posted by monomono:
    Maybe your hubby spent the 27k when he was drunk and either forgot or doesn't want to tell you.
    Hmmm, 27k at a jewellery shop... out late at night...
    Wallet left out in hallway and "homeless man ran up charges."

Is your husband telling you to forget the cop angle, let the banks sort it out and move on?
    juanalias likes this.

Let’s see what the cctv at this ‘jewellery shop’ shows?

If I remember correctly a few years back one person found a bunch of receipts from some girly bars in her husbands wallet, She messaged me to ask whether a round of drinks at these bars would cost $5k each time etc.

I told her categorically not likely, Probably same sort of thing here.

Rosylipz likes this.

There's only 1 thing you need to do: Say very clearly to the bank "I did not make those transactions" (Raise a dispute).

They'll take care of the rest.

Rosylipz likes this.

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions it helped me calm down get a mental stability to see the clear picture and handle things towards a better direction. The bank has sent the statement now i can use it to catch those frauds. Might be a pain in the a** but thats fine as long as bank and the police co operates with us.

Yes we report all the loss to the police and to the bank as well.

We did found a lot of things about the frauds from some source and they have a whole group who does this Stuff like collecting the lost or stolen credit card and misusing it, the homeless guy and his friends are just the one who found and sold it to them for few hundreds, but we dont wanna involve more deeper into this without the help of cops so we just backed out cause it might get more dangerous. We also don’t wanna speculate anything blindly until the real facts come out.

Last edited by Rosylipz; 24-10-2018 at 01:24 AM.

Original Post Deleted
    Sadly i dont have such insurance.

No similarities in any way with this link?

https://geoexpat.com/forum/8/thread350438.html