Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Black children adopted

If you are NT you will see local Chinese girl and African guy couples pretty often. Especially around Yuen Long.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey
    we have mixed african father /chinese mother, boy in my daughters class. the mother from chengdu worked in africa for a few years and are now stationed in hong kong. the black gene is very dominate and most the chinese features are not obvious.
    Yeah if you look at Naomi Osaka (1/2 black 1/2 Japanese tennis player) I think most HK people will consider her to be black or African and not realize she is mixed.

https://images.indianexpress.com/2018/09/naomi-759.jpg

Back in Macau I had a colleague surnamed Au-Yeung who was black as the proverbial ace of spades - twist to the above, it was her father who was Chinese, mother British of Ghanaian ancestry.

Not too common but more common than elsewhere in Asia. Still far from common as in the UK and US. And not girls, women of different age groups.

In Shekou of Shenzhen, mixed race children are seen more often than HK.
    In Macao, many Macanese which are people of mixed Portuguese and Asian descent often look very Asian with similar black hair and speak Cantonese as mother tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by methosb
    If you are NT you will see local Chinese girl and African guy couples pretty often. Especially around Yuen Long.

Quote Originally Posted by chingleutsch
    Back in Macau I had a colleague surnamed Au-Yeung who was black as the proverbial ace of spades - twist to the above, it was her father who was Chinese, mother British of Ghanaian ancestry.
    It's definitely not a twist. Many Chinese and Korean expats abandoned their mixed-race babies in Africa. The problem is getting out of hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bztNoEypJG0

Thank you for your answers. I had not realised that the African side was so dominant in the children's appearance.

I saw these mothers and children in the north-west New Territories.

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.
    Thank you for your answers. I had not realised that the African side was so dominant in the children's appearance.

I saw these mothers and children in the north-west New Territories.
    They're almost certainly mixed families then. And a good lesson in not making assumptions before you accidentally put your foot in your mouth

SCMP article about mixed Chinese-African marriages, mostly mainland:

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-...t-be-til-death

R.O. and chuckster007 like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2