Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

How to call Canada collect from Hong Kong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque
    You can try using: https://www.voipdiscount.com/dashboard

Once you put credit on your account, you can do a "phone-to-phone" call for $5, where it will ring your phone, you pick up, an then it will ring the number you wish to call.
    Elegiaque: Thank you for your suggestion. Actually, I seldom make international calls. Occasionally I have to call Canadian financial institutions or a Canadian government department. The former already have toll-free numbers for me to use and the latter accepts collect calls.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSun
    It might help if you describe the type of entity you are calling.

The number you say you previously used was listed as a Telus toll-free direct dial code for BC government partners that required a credit card which was not debited.

Don't know if this works, but Google says dial 0170 for an international operator and give them the name, country and number of the person that you wish to call, and you will be connected.
    TigerSun: Thank you for your reply. 0170 does not work.
    TigerSun likes this.

Why dont you try making a call from skype? Its cheap as chips.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda
    Why dont you try making a call from skype? Its cheap as chips.
    This is what I do for all my annoying overseas calls to banks, Governments etc. Unless you are trying to call somewhere like India or Philippines it's really cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    I would have thought internet telephony/VoIP would have made reverse charged calls about as useful as a VHS player these days.

From Frommers Guide to Hong Kong...

https://www.frommers.com/destination...ying-connected

For Collect Calls: To make a collect call from any public or private phone in Hong Kong, dial tel. 10010.
    TheBrit: Thank you for your info. 10010 is PCCW's inquiry hotline. I was told by PCCW that they are not handling collect call requests.
    TheBrit and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by quebecois09
    TheBrit: Thank you for your info. 10010 is PCCW's inquiry hotline. I was told by PCCW that they are not handling collect call requests.
    Stop being difficult or cheap and pay to make your own calls via skype.

Quote Originally Posted by quebecois09
    It will cost you $100 to register the account with VoipDiscount and make the call... you would like to save that or prefer not to make an online purchase? Perhaps today I could be a good Samaritan and do a phone-to-phone for you if you send me a private with the number...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2