Like Tree26Likes

Buy the whole lot...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buy the whole lot...

My friend loves to spend her money on 'stuff'. Right now she is nearing retirement age and will need to downsize to much smaller quarters but the burden of big, heavy wooden furniture, cupboards filled with ladies fashions from yesteryear, shoes galore, kitchen gear, etc is simply overwhelming her.

Does anyone here know of a vendor, merchant, shop keeper who might inspect this lot and make an offer to buy and take away?

Unfortunately friend is attached to some of this and thinks it still has large value, so 'toss-away' is very difficult for her.

Trying to sell item-by-item will not work, so 'classifieds' not a likely direction.

I don't know how active 2nd chance is these days. Might be worth dropping them a line to bid on the furniture.

Home | 2ND Chance

I sent you a PM with a suggestion for a personal organizer who may be able to help.

jgl likes this.

Also, if you do put up a whole lot on the classifieds "at the right price" you'll find dealers interested in the furniture. We sold a bunch of our furniture to a dealer, who was quite happy and we had a fairly low price as we just wanted our furniture out of the house.

Problem is.. too many people price their furniture emotionally.

So very true. Many of us are way too emotionally involved with goods which one day did cost a lot but today are near valueless. Consider a bottle of 37 yr old Chateau Petrus turned sour.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Also, if you do put up a whole lot on the classifieds "at the right price" you'll find dealers interested in the furniture. We sold a bunch of our furniture to a dealer, who was quite happy and we had a fairly low price as we just wanted our furniture out of the house.

Problem is.. too many people price their furniture emotionally.
    The personal organiser idea is good for dealing with this part.

Original Post Deleted
    Carousel would like to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Carousel would like to disagree.
    Carousell is probably #1 here, Facebook Marketplace is OK too. There are also many buy/sell Facebook groups in HK.

Original Post Deleted
    You're highly misinformed about the second-hand goods market in Hong Kong.

I bought a full carbon second-hand aero bike with Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50 clinchers for 20K in total. It was used 3 times. Not a single scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    I sent you a PM with a suggestion for a personal organizer who may be able to help.
    Can you PM me too, will be moving in the next 3 mnths.
    Elegiaque likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast