Like Tree8Likes

Septic tank payment

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Septic tank payment

Hello everyone,

I need some help about my septic tank (water tank) and payment.

I live in a 2 storey building and I live on the ground floor. The tenant upstairs lives on the first and second floor.

He payed for the tank to be pumped which was $2000 and now hes asking me to pay half. Bearing in mind that Ive been living there for 3 months and just live on the ground floor. I assumed that it I would pay a third of it as the 2nd and 3rd floor is his. But hes been posting notes on my door pressuring me to pay him $1000.

Im not sure what to do!

Depends on if you want a quiet stress free life.

Pay up half and no problems.

Fight your corner and deal with the stress and inconvenience ovet a few hundred dollars.

juanalias likes this.

waste is not generated by floor area, its generated by people. if the upstairs flat has 5 or 6 people then you could argue, if its only one guy pay the man.

chuckster007 likes this.

Just pay the guy. Btw 2000 is quite expensive. We could have the septic tank cleaned for 1200 and if more houses require cleansing at the same time the price could go as low as 800.

JAherbert and chuckster007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    Depends on if you want a quiet stress free life.

Pay up half and no problems.

Fight your corner and deal with the stress and inconvenience ovet a few hundred dollars.
    Agreed. You LIVE there. Pay up, smile, and do it soon. Hardly the battlefield to die on.

Thanks for your advice, but turns out that he owns one floor and his girlfriend owns the other floor, so they have teamed up together so they both pay 500 each and they are making me pay 1000!

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlyswirl
    Thanks for your advice, but turns out that he owns one floor and his girlfriend owns the other floor, so they have teamed up together so they both pay 500 each and they are making me pay 1000!
    It is new year's eve, have a drink and pay up. Not worth fighting and ruining your quality of life over that amount
    chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlyswirl
    Don't be a door mat, tell them to fuck off. Lifes too short to pay for other people's shit. They should have discussed and agreed with you in advance.
    DrWho and David_UK like this.

I look at it this way, you are one family and they are one family (couple) regardless if they each own a floor, it can count as a duplex so paying 1K each is reasonable even though its overpriced as what Drunken Master said.

In our old village house there was 3 families so we split it 3 way, 500$ each.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Don't be a door mat, tell them to fuck off. Lifes too short to pay for other people's shit. They should have discussed and agreed with you in advance.
    I agree with you, I worked too hard for my money as I work minimum wage so every penny counts for me!
    TheBrit likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast