Like Tree141Likes

2019 - Must Watch TV Shows

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    I once had dealings with Amway folks. In my younger and more naive days I was almost sold by them. But then, something about their high pressure sale tactics never sit right with me. Even as a fresh college graduate back then lacking in life experience, I knew something was a little...off about these multilevel marketing people. Long story short, I walk away from them, even cutting ties with a good college friend who tried to hook me on Amway, and had no regrets.
    I'm reading you, Coolboy ! Seems we had very similar experiences and at about the same stage in our lives.

very cool!
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    DId anyone watch Six Underground yet?

Some of the HK cityscape shots seemed to be in Singapore.
    Sorry Trebor, I didnt answer your actual question during my last post lol

I don't remember noticing any Singapore scenery during the Hong Kong leg of the film toward the last 1/4 of the movie.. In the mean time, I checked online of the The shooting locations for the film, maybe I just didnt notice lol but from my cursory Googling of 6 Underground filming locations, Singapore definitely wasn't mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Sorry Trebor, I didnt answer your actual question during my last post lol

I don't remember noticing any Singapore scenery during the Hong Kong leg of the film toward the last 1/4 of the movie.. In the mean time, I checked online of the The shooting locations for the film, maybe I just didnt notice lol but from my cursory Googling of 6 Underground filming locations, Singapore definitely wasn't mentioned.
    Im sure i saw Marina Bay Sands in one shot. It would have been cgi'd into it if it was as it wasnt Marina Bay, just the building but maybe i was high.
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    Anyone geeking out over Watchmen? Its renewed my love for Tim Blake Nelson even more post Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

And thank God for Rick and Morty's return..
    Started watching it over the weekend. Unfortunately the binge is tied into my son's schedule which is split between revision and hanging out with friends.

Ended up watching 5 episodes since Friday - one of the best shows I've seen. Love the slow burn.

Going to start '"On Becoming a God in Central Florida" as my next show.
    junichitsuyo, huja and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Started watching it over the weekend. Unfortunately the binge is tied into my son's schedule which is split between revision and hanging out with friends.

Ended up watching 5 episodes since Friday - one of the best shows I've seen. Love the slow burn.

Going to start '"On Becoming a God in Central Florida" as my next show.
    These recaps by Joelle Monique are an excellent accompaniment to each episode. The writer clearly did her homework. Some insightful things in the comments section as well.

https://www.avclub.com/c/tv-review/watchmen/season-1

Will read the recaps after I'm done watching.

I am sure I'm missing most of the references and will need to rewatch it all. There are a ton of things that I did not pick up on, even in the first episode. For example "before Vietnam became a state".

huja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    DId anyone watch Six Underground yet?

Some of the HK cityscape shots seemed to be in Singapore.
    I couldn't get pass the first 5 minutes.

The Witcher on Netflix was really awful. Probably only will hold your interest if you are a fan of the books or games. Everything about the tv production was really poor, underdeveloped and incoherent.

Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    The Witcher on Netflix was really awful. Probably only will hold your interest if you are a fan of the books or games. Everything about the tv production was really poor, underdeveloped and incoherent.
    My son seems to have the exact opposite opinion. May be a generational thing. I don't particularly care for that genre and could not be bothered.
    Skyhook likes this.