Like Tree141Likes

2019 - Must Watch TV Shows

Closed Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    My son seems to have the exact opposite opinion. May be a generational thing. I don't particularly care for that genre and could not be bothered.
    There were some gripping moments which I thought had potential but just not enough of them. It seems like a show that you will wither really like it really hate.
    shri likes this.

Watchmen got too weired and jumped around far too much for me to enjoy it too much but then i hadnt read the comics or whatever it's based on.

I like the Witcher, has a Lord of the Rings vibe to it.

I see YOU season 2 is now on Netflix, will add that to my list.

The Terror is a quality tv show with excellent production.Its a period piece set in the arctic Good suspense and horror elements. Top notch cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    The Witcher on Netflix was really awful. Probably only will hold your interest if you are a fan of the books or games. Everything about the tv production was really poor, underdeveloped and incoherent.
    Agreed. I could only get through 20 minutes and had had enough.

I just completed Peaky Blinders up to the end of season 5. An excellent BBC production set in 1919 Birmingham. Excellent cast and superb acting. I highly recommend this gangster drama.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

I can almost almost forgive Disney for the Rise of Skywalker after Mandalorian Season 1.

shri and kittykaitak like this.

@tf19 - Enjoyed Mandalorian - not bothered with the movie. This will be the first Star Wars movie that I've not seen in the theater.

timonoj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    The Witcher on Netflix was really awful. Probably only will hold your interest if you are a fan of the books or games. Everything about the tv production was really poor, underdeveloped and incoherent.
    The show definitely makes more sense if you've read the books. It's decent and I have high hopes for Season 2. They've changed the costume designers, the storylines have now converged and they've introduced all main characters so it should be easier to follow.

Mrs Fletcher