Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

SF Express...can I report a courier somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    You need an actual loss to file in the small claims court.
    Not saying it'd work but it'd get their attention.

Breach of contract? Expectation to deliver to end point and they did not.

Yeah I'm trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by rani
    Can you avoid the $35 by asking them to put the item at an EF locker close to you? There are over 700 lockers dotted around HK

EF Locker Locations

Or you could pick it up at a 7-11
    S.F. Service Points
    Hmm I always heard about the 7 11 pickup. Never heard of the lockers. How does this work? Instead of the address, you just give the code?

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj
    Hmm I always heard about the 7 11 pickup. Never heard of the lockers. How does this work? Instead of the address, you just give the code?
    You tell them which EF locker, they deposit it into the locker which gives a code, they SMS the code to you so you go there and enter the code and presto the locker doors open and you take your package
    fletcher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque
    They apologized and said they would make the delivery man pay back the value of the package out of his own pocket. I thought this was rather shady of SF Express to put the responsibility and financial loss on of the driver/employee, or even worse just an story line to make me feel guilty. I didn't pursue it.

In your case, though, perhaps they can tell off the driver. But who knows what costs it will eventually come to the driver or why he's doing this -- perhaps he gets paid per package delivered and he takes on more than he can reasonably deliver so he takes this shortcut. It's a pretty cut-throat world out there for these working class delivery drivers.
    I wouldn't be too surprised if they pressured the delivery guys into paying for it - under HK labour law, they can legally deduct up to HKD 300 per case, or just outright fire him.

The SF guys have a pretty tough job - if they want to get a reasonable income, they need to hit their productivity targets and also have no customer complaints - so cut them some slack or they might just decided to exclude certain areas from delivery.
    Elegiaque and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by answerer
    I wouldn't be too surprised if they pressured the delivery guys into paying for it - under HK labour law, they can legally deduct up to HKD 300 per case, or just outright fire him.

The SF guys have a pretty tough job - if they want to get a reasonable income, they need to hit their productivity targets and also have no customer complaints - so cut them some slack or they might just decided to exclude certain areas from delivery.
    I am sure they have a tough job on low pay BUT their job is to deliver stuff not piss people off. What about a waitress who didn't bring your food to the table? A bus driver who didn't stop when you wanted to get off?

I have sympathy for people in low paid shit jobs, but they either do the job or leave or go on strike. They shouldn't take it out on the customer.
    TheBrit likes this.

I never bother complaining to SF, they are a waste of space. I just complain to the people I bought the item from. The end receiver has no clout at all, but the people doing the actual contracting to SF might.

jgl, hullexile and TigerSun like this.

It's like many things in Hong Kong -- there is a kind of monopoly of a business (or "government") that is in place whether or not you like it and it can't be changed. Complain all you want. The service will not improve.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    You tell them which EF locker, they deposit it into the locker which gives a code, they SMS the code to you so you go there and enter the code and presto the locker doors open and you take your package
    You also need to keep in mind that EF Locker and 7-11 storage have volumetric and weight restrictions - very large or very heavy packages will not be delivered to these locations.

Grid size and limitation

General parcel deliver to EF Locker is limited to 3kg per parcel; and 30kg per parcel is limited for parcel deliver to the Jumbo-sized Grid.

Grid size:

Grid Grid size (cm)
    Jumbo* 45 x 87 x 35
    Large 45 x 31 x 35
    Medium 45 x 20 x 35
    Small 45 x 9 x 35

* Jumbo-sized Grid is only available for designated locations, please click here for more details.
    More here: Self Pick-up and Drop-off Service
    timonoj likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by answerer
    I had a chat with a courier once. He said that the SF guys are paid well for the job, but that SF is much tougher to work for than other courier companies.

SF seems to be deliberately structured to push its couriers hard, and they also impose externalities onto the public by blocking off foothpaths and entire lanes of road to use as package sorting areas.

I use them when they are the only delivery option, but otherwise I will choose another delivery method. I've also given feedback to sellers that I prefer other couriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque
    It's like many things in Hong Kong -- there is a kind of monopoly of a business (or "government") that is in place whether or not you like it and it can't be changed. Complain all you want. The service will not improve.
    I don't think this is the case here. SF Express is successful here because it's cheap to use, not because it's a monopoly- the courier industry has no significant barriers to entry that I can think of. There are (or were) lots of small courier companies around. SF has just been cheaper and more cuthroat in operations, and most people seem to prefer cheap over good service.
    Last edited by jgl; 13-02-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    I don't think this is the case here. SF Express is successful here because it's cheap to use, not because it's a monopoly- the courier industry has no significant barriers to entry that I can think of. There are (or were) lots of small courier companies around. SF has just been cheaper and more cuthroat in operations, and most people seem to prefer cheap over good service.
    Maybe you're right, but where I am a lot of people depend on them. With my pet food deliveries I don't think I have another choice, but you're right, perhaps I would if I were to pay more for the delivery (or lived elsewhere). But they definitely big in the market, and most people go with the free/cheapest service, so we all have to put up with this crap service.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast