Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rob2020

Issue with dehumidifier

Closed Thread

Issue with dehumidifier

Hi there,

I bought this dehumidifier from JHC (I’m pretty sure it’s second hand... they didn’t tell me, but upon opening it, it seems used), and I’ve realized it won’t catch water in it’s built in filter. Instead, it drips out via an opening onto the floor.

There’s an attached clear plastic tube that I assume attaches into the opening (to drain into a bucket or something), but how do I get it to drain into the actual filter? It’s not very intuitive to me. Anyone have any ideas?

The model is Deér DD2161. Photos as follows:

Thanks for any help

That clear plastic hose coming out the back- did you attach it yourself or did it come like that?

If you pull it out, the water should drip into the internal bucket.

But if the dehumidifier came with the hose attached, that's very strange and strongly suggests that someone messed around with it then put it back into the box. Even packing it into a box with the hose attached should be difficult.

It also looks like the model isn't that great anyway, so perhaps you should just return it.

Throw this through Google Translate: https://hk.news.appledaily.com/local...80215/20306109

Thank you both for your reply!

The machine came with the hose, but not attached. But like the other poster said, without the hose attached the water drips onto the floor.

Unfortunatey there’s no cap I could find (I’ll double check the box...), confirming my suspicions that someone probably tampered with it. Typical. If anyone’s reading this, try avoiding the JHC in Tin Hau on Electric Road—have run into severe problems with them before).

thanks for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by taringharimau:
    Thank you both for your reply!

The machine came with the hose, but not attached. But like the other poster said, without the hose attached the water drips onto the floor.

Unfortunatey there’s no cap I could find (I’ll double check the box...), confirming my suspicions that someone probably tampered with it. Typical. If anyone’s reading this, try avoiding the JHC in Tin Hau on Electric Road—have run into severe problems with them before).

thanks for all the help!
    Why not just go back into the store and explain the problem?
    jrkob likes this.