Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By robertlempriere
  • 1 Post By jrkob

Issue with dehumidifier

Issue with dehumidifier

Hi there,

I bought this dehumidifier from JHC (Im pretty sure its second hand... they didnt tell me, but upon opening it, it seems used), and Ive realized it wont catch water in its built in filter. Instead, it drips out via an opening onto the floor.

Theres an attached clear plastic tube that I assume attaches into the opening (to drain into a bucket or something), but how do I get it to drain into the actual filter? Its not very intuitive to me. Anyone have any ideas?

The model is Der DD2161. Photos as follows:

Thanks for any help

That clear plastic hose coming out the back- did you attach it yourself or did it come like that?

If you pull it out, the water should drip into the internal bucket.

But if the dehumidifier came with the hose attached, that's very strange and strongly suggests that someone messed around with it then put it back into the box. Even packing it into a box with the hose attached should be difficult.

It also looks like the model isn't that great anyway, so perhaps you should just return it.

Throw this through Google Translate: https://hk.news.appledaily.com/local...80215/20306109

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    If you pull it out, the water should drip into the internal bucket.
    jgl, in my case, which looks a bit like his, if I pull it out, the water will drip on the floor. There is a small cap I can plug in the hole. This tube seems to be just an overflow given its eight from the main tank.

(I agree with you, it looks dodgy for the dehumidifier to come like this)

Thank you both for your reply!

The machine came with the hose, but not attached. But like the other poster said, without the hose attached the water drips onto the floor.

Unfortunatey theres no cap I could find (Ill double check the box...), confirming my suspicions that someone probably tampered with it. Typical. If anyones reading this, try avoiding the JHC in Tin Hau on Electric Roadhave run into severe problems with them before).

thanks for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by taringharimau
    Thank you both for your reply!

The machine came with the hose, but not attached. But like the other poster said, without the hose attached the water drips onto the floor.

Unfortunatey theres no cap I could find (Ill double check the box...), confirming my suspicions that someone probably tampered with it. Typical. If anyones reading this, try avoiding the JHC in Tin Hau on Electric Roadhave run into severe problems with them before).

thanks for all the help!
    Why not just go back into the store and explain the problem?
    jrkob likes this.

And since you ran into "severe problems with them before", perhaps go elsewhere in the future !

robertlempriere likes this.