Online auctions in HK

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Oh I see, I suppose I'm getting it in English because I'm registered on ebay.com, so even after searching for hk items, it shows in the Queen's English for me.

This happens if I stumble onto say, ebay.co.uk and click on My eBay from there, all prices will be shown in GBP, I assume perhaps because that's where the software thinks I am starting from.

Now that I think about it, how about if you try the same as before to search, but start from ebay.com, any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Baron:
    Yeah, away you go...IN CHINESE!
    Quote Originally Posted by fly:
    Click "Advanced search", and select the option for "Items located in:" and away you go.....
    ________

Quote Originally Posted by fly:
    Oh I see, I suppose I'm getting it in English because I'm registered on ebay.com, so even after searching for hk items, it shows in the Queen's English for me.

This happens if I stumble onto say, ebay.co.uk and click on My eBay from there, all prices will be shown in GBP, I assume perhaps because that's where the software thinks I am starting from.

Now that I think about it, how about if you try the same as before to search, but start from ebay.com, any difference?

the items discription of local sellers are still in chinese

Mysterious, but I'm at a loss. Do your prices show up in HKD or ?

Can't help you guys, but I assure you I'm getting a high percentage 99+% of listing showing up in US$; the Taiwan sellers (who for some reason show their location as HK) seem to list alot of dvd's and such, and those aren't in English, but everything (and I mean everything) is in English...

good luck

Cool

Hello All,
    My first posting in this forum.

From my experience with eBay I find that I often want electrical items for use here in HK. This limits me to buying items from HK and the UK because I prefer to use the original 3-pin plug and sometimes the item will not have an auto-switchable charger so will require 220-240v AC. To perform the correct search in eBay you need to search the ebay.co.uk site and under "advanced search" select "items available to Hong Kong". You should be aware that there will be sellers who advertise on ebay.co.uk but are not selling UK-sourced items.
    Hope you find this useful.

db

Hey.
    Found one, but it seems they just launched: www.streetmarket.hk

However the site is quite nice, let's hope they do well

Traffic -- well gamed.

Nice site by the way. Congrats ....

You could have told us you wanted to start one.