Like Tree2Likes

RC plane flying in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Original Post Deleted
    58 cm wing span
    I need a bit more space i.e soccer field seize.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    If you are asking about Peng Chau, you walk Peng Lei "road" to the end (maybe 700 meters from the pier). Then there is a nature trail along the sea for about half the island- just a hill and beach, no residences at all (past the bridge to another tiny island). Beaches don't have names, there is never anyone there- I live right at the beginning of the nature walk, near the bridge and not even that many day trippers come here on the weekends. It is a beautiful walk, overlooks Lantau (mainly DB and Disney at that section).
    Nice ferry ride over to Peng Chau, I always enjoy it- not expensive if you do Saturday (Sunday price increases) and ordinary ferry, 14.9 each way. Local restaurants now have English-language menus so you can get lunch or dinner. Low-key weekend day trip. Edit: Inserted map- place is the upper left side "family trail" past that small island- whole thing is mostly beach. And no people, literally have never seen anyone there except maybe picking up a few shells to bring home.

Thanks will go there some Saturday. Maybe to fly my small drone. But I worry to fly the plane over the sea as I may loose it. Preferably large field is better

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hahnel:
    58 cm wing span
    I need a bit more space i.e soccer field size.
    If it is your first RC plane, it won't last long anyway.

Don't fly over populated areas.

Most of this size RC plane is flown at Fu Shan, plenty of guys walk there from Tai Wai MTR Station, or take a taxi if you don't want to walk up the hill.

Name:  Fu Shan.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  129.4 KB

Looks cool, for a large field try to get to Tseung Kwan O Velodrome Park.

https://goo.gl/maps/6nAsdvW9SbN2

Thanks, I think this is an option and will give it a try thanks

Hmm. Travel hours for 10 mins of 'flying time'? Are these RC's (Roman Catholics?) very noisy?