Like Tree42Likes

HK Toilet Association's Genius Ideas

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

There's a McDonalds on every street corner - these function better as an additional public toilet system than they do restaurants.

I think most HK public toilets would be greatly improved by cleaning that involved more than just hosing down with water. They're usually always wet because somebody comes along with a hosepipe or a bucket and soaks them - a mop, some bleach and a bucket would be far more effective!

Rob2020 and greenmark like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    There's a McDonalds on every street corner - these function better as an additional public toilet system than they do restaurants.

I think most HK public toilets would be greatly improved by cleaning that involved more than just hosing down with water. They're usually always wet because somebody comes along with a hosepipe or a bucket and soaks them - a mop, some bleach and a bucket would be far more effective!
    Actually that reminds me! the toilets at McDonald's in Saikung, have to be the worst ones in Hong Kong! they got trashed regularly with poo on the floor, walls and all over the seat. Hated going in there when one of my kids needed to go, opting for the Starbucks, next door and using their dunny instead.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 28-02-2019 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Actually that reminds me! the toilets at McDonald's in Saikung, have to be the worst ones in Hong Kong! they got trashed regularly with poo on the floor, walls and all over the seat. Hated going in there when one of my kids needed to go, opting for the Starbucks, next door and using their dunny instead.
    No wonder you now need a key for the Starbucks loo.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    No wonder you now need a key for the Starbucks loo.
    that's new, so they lock it now ? I'll remember that when I am in SK next, as we still have a place there for the time being.

Just got a new job. The place is in an office in an old building. In the toilets, there is no toilet tissue or soap provided. This is incredibly inconvenient, it is bring your own toilet paper and soap to the toilet, sometimes our office has it sometimes not, have to walk down the hallway for more than a minute carrying paper+soap to reach the toilet from the office.

Is this legal? Is there any legislation that requires buildings to service toilets with toilet paper and/or soap? I've never seen anything like this in Hong Kong, I honestly can't believe it, it's like some third world country.

Is this legal? Is there any legislation that requires buildings to service toilets with toilet paper and/or soap? I've never seen anything like this in Hong Kong, I honestly can't believe it, it's like some third world country.
    I suspect that most places in the world do not have any legislation about providing toilet paper and soap.

Sounds like you're in an industrial building of sorts. We're in one and the situation is similar. I'd have a chat with your office manager and get them to buy some small baskets with TP / Soap and Toilet Keys.

They're saving enough on rent by not being in an A-Grade Swire owned building and the least they can do is spread some love in the office by buying posh TP and scented organic soaps!

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    But if too many use McDonalds toilets then they'll end up going down the route of McDonlads and other dining places in London/UK where they are locked and you need to buy something to get the code.
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Speak to your employer. They should be responsible for making sure you have adequate toilet facilties. Its not a law thing.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...tech-solutions

Nano Confined Catalytic Oxidation to be added to HK's public toilets. Some detergent for their mops might be a better start
    Last edited by East_coast; 12-04-2019 at 08:36 AM.
    JAherbert likes this.

These guys are geniuses.... serious f'ing ivy league MBA genius quality proposals.

https://twitter.com/rthkcandice/stat...34828500516865

Andy SNK likes this.