Like Tree42Likes

HK Toilet Association's Genius Ideas

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Original Post Deleted
    I decided not to look to closely. I cannot imagine what they are talking about.

OK. I got curious. WTF? That's the craziest idea I have ever seen. And the waste!
    TheBrit, junichitsuyo and Andy SNK like this.

The RTHK article...

The association said one way to solve the issue is to introduce female urinal. They said this would cut the time spent by almost half for user, while it takes only about 50 percent of the space needed for the traditional cubicles.

The association's vice president, Henry Hung, said he feels it’s time for Hong Kong to have the standing urinal facility for women and he’s confident women in Hong Kong would be ready to adapt to that.

"For a lady going to toilet [now], it takes three to five minutes. For urinal, maybe two minutes," said Hung.

Asked if women in Hong Kong will accept this change, he said “once they try they will be more than happy to use it”.
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...4-20191205.htm

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Like every other top-down initiative rolled out by the Hong Kong government, user acceptance is clearly not a consideration. This is obviously fake news isn’t it. Isn’t it?
    CharSiuNow likes this.

If you actually google "female urinal", which I did, the wikipedia article is much more sensible than the HK Gov scheme. The pictures appear to show things that might possibly be usable without the paper funnels. Those paper funnels have to be about the daftest thing I have ever seen, but a facility to pee without sitting is not as strange (plenty of squatting toilets in HK after all).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_urinal

Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    If you actually google "female urinal", which I did, the wikipedia article is much more sensible than the HK Gov scheme. The pictures appear to show things that might possibly be usable without the paper funnels. Those paper funnels have to be about the daftest thing I have ever seen, but a facility to pee without sitting is not as strange (plenty of squatting toilets in HK after all).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_urinal
    I did a little reading, and it seems maybe some users might appreciate a separation of major and minor business, so perhaps not quite as ludicrous as originally imagined. Still I think the earlier comments stand.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    I did a little reading, and it seems maybe some users might appreciate a separation of major and minor business, so perhaps not quite as ludicrous as originally imagined. Still I think the earlier comments stand.
    Indeed. The concept of a female urinal is not utterly daft. The proposed design shown is.

Original Post Deleted
    - welcome to the shitshow ... I merged your thread with an existing one.
    jrkob and HK_Katherine like this.

I can't see how a female urinal, especially one that requires a disposable funnel, offers any advantage over existing squat toilets and regular toilets.

To be fair, most HK women don't sit on toilets, and pee on seats (that are rarely well cleaned) is very common in HK. I'd hope we could progress ("progress" from my point of view) rather than regress.

As someone considerably taller than the HK female population - and waaaaay taller than the SE Asian helper population - I don't think I'd ever use these.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4