Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By chichow
  • 4 Post By bdw
  • 2 Post By TheBrit

Green Minibus 16 seats still?

Green Minibus 16 seats still?

So on most of my normal routes, I only get the newer 19 seat minibus. I did just this week get a beat down bench seat 16 seat minibus.

Is there a date when the 16 seat minibus will be phased out?

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chichow
    Is there a date when the 16 seat minibus will be phased out?
    Nope.

Still many 1,000s of old style round roof cornered versions that the stubborn owners won't replace anytime soon sadly.

bdw

I’m glad the 24 hour minibus from Wanchai to my home is still the old style so I can open the window for a bit of fresh air at 3am, if you know what I mean

spode, hin23leung, shri and 1 others like this.

Probably when the last one is crashed.

MandM! and Elegiaque like this.

On my main routes there's a mix now but I'd be shocked if the 16 seaters disappeared anytime soon.

not a fan of the newer 19 seater, alley way is very narrow, going around corners when its fully loaded you can hear the wheel rubbing the frame or something.

Quite like the fully automatic green minibus that I took to Stanley, nice and spacious and its automatic so not much jerking around when changing gears.

Saw this UGLY beast in central parked

Optare Solo begins operation in Hong Kong — Optare PLC

I wonder if the government tracks new versus old

what about how often are the contracts tendered - thinking maybe a new contract would specify a higher capacity?

I used to live at my parents place in sha tau kok near the border for 3 years a decade ago, i have bad memories about the older 16 seater mini bus as i presume this route is probably the filthiest route in entire of HK, while I note the newer mini bus which i have only been once as drive more nowaday, but a decade i didn't have a car and commuted once a day on the 55k after work (i catch the other one 56k which does not go close to the sha tau kok town in the morning, but i occasionally miss it ) and constantly encounter really bad smell on the buses especially during the summer, but the worst aspect is that it often have cockroach infestation so i only sat on the edge towards the centre as the chances of less cockroaches crawling on the seats as the floor and walls often see them, the reason why this happens, on the days i miss the cleaner 56k, i catch this minibus all the cross border kids and a few adults catch this mini bus and they throw the wrappers of their breakfast on the floor even though there is a bin near the driver, also before the clampdown of cross border trading of raw meat around 2008/09, i have even seen once or twice meat smugglers bring raw meat smugglers bring their meat in poorly wrapped plastic bags and buckets to HK which was disgusting trade, but since the banning during 2008/09 and the minibus have warning posters from customs, this trade quickly ceased

I got on a Minibus the other day that still had a sign on the front saying it was going to the KCR.

It is a pity the Government didn't legislate that say 30% of the fleet needs to be electric by 2022.