Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By shri

PPS, registering with HSBC visa?

PPS, registering with HSBC visa?

l have to make payment to my property management company, l got told l can make it by PPS with my HSBC visa. Will it be withdrawing from the visa credit card or the visa's ATM withdrawal? l know the latter, costs extra.

PPS comes immediate from your current or savings account, no fees. I have used it once and needed help from one of my local friends. I think in the end I couldn't figure it out and my friend did it for me and I pay her cash back later on.

No fees and as MandM said, directly from your savings or current account. Ridiculously easy to use and have been using it for 20+ years.. Less and less these days (Bea credit card once a month)

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

extremely easy to use PPS... registering requires finding a little PPS terminal. go to their website and find the nearest PPS terminal.

PPS is registered via the normal ATM card. You register at a terminal and then pay using the mobile app or website. Payments come out of your savings, they are handled the same as all other EPS POS payments with no fees to you.

interesting, but l like to use my visa, be an advantage to earn reward points and not pay any extra fee for using my HSBC visa for pps, is this possible?

There is a small chance that the property company accepts payment by credit card. Check if they're listed as a vendor through your online banking service. For example, using Citibank's online banking, I can pay my insurance and a few other bills using my credit card.

Your property agent might be registered with HSBC if they specifically said pay by visa.

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

no they said they only accept cash or cheque or PPS. I checked internet banking and theyre not listed. HSBC also said they do not give reward points for utility bills or insurance. Citibank do? l like Citibank in that they don't charge for inward payments. I have a IB brokers account, and HSBC charge for inward deposits in HKD from Citibank MA, who IB use for withdrawal or deposits into the brokerage account.